The no BS story on SNI from the Drivers Seat of Truck # 40767

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Centex_147, Jun 23, 2007.

1. hlaird

hlaird Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks. The teacher did mention some lady on the last day but I figure there's a chance by the last day I'm already in and she'd just tell me to wait. I'm in Green Bay (next to corporate :)

We were supposed to do the crosswords training today but someone forgot to activate our accounts. Whoops. Maybe tomorrow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. landostruckerwife

landostruckerwife Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2008
    st louis, mo.
    had a question you are where my hubby would be at the customer service said greenbay, wi what has been your experiences there if you care to share... i have een doing homework on sn to share with hubby, i work ft and school,kids. he is working ft in warehouse/forklift it is ok pay but at #1000 mo not enough .. what should he expect???

4. capnhector

capnhector Light Load Member

the average is 2500-3000 miles per week which when you start out works out to between 750 and 900 per week before taxes and you are paid weekly

5. tiledood

tiledood Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Heartland, Florida
    From the dacfix website:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is a DAC Report anyway? (Top)
    USIS, formerly known as DAC Services, performs pre-employment screening for commercial businesses. Their biggest client base is the trucking industry. According to estimates, USIS (formerly DAC Services) provides CDL driver job history, MVR and criminal history for more than 2,500 motor carrier clients, and has some 4.7 million individual drivers' records in its database!

USIS services cover all screening areas. They run criminal background checks, employment verifications, school verifications, social security number verifications, trucking employment history verifications, motor vehicle reports, sex offender registry checks, and maintain a theft database (companies key in thefts of former employees). Since DAC is dealing with private consumer information, they must comply with complex regulations of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1971 and all of its Amendments.

Why is it so important to know what is on my DAC Report? (Top)
    Because inaccurate, inconsistent, or false information on your report can keep you from getting the job you want or cause you to be terminated from the job you have just been hired for.
    • That's right. Many trucking firms hire first and then run DAC reports 30-60 days later. If your report contains information that does not conform to the company's hiring standards, you are either faced with dealing with DAC on your own and hoping to get the information corrected, or be terminated from the job that you have just worked so hard to get.
    • Once a company terminates you, THAT employer will now send out a notice to DAC that you are no longer working for them and this raises a red flag as to WHY you were terminated. This can prevent you from being hired by future prospective employers.
    • A key complaint from drivers and Driver associations such as OOIDA has been that DAC's reporting methodology is flawed, and they have been sued in the past because of inaccurate/vague or inconsistent information being reported on driver job history reports.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The DAC reporting program is the reason this section of thetruckersreport.com website is satirically named Trucking Company DAC Reports. It's a clever, fair is fair, what's good for the big cheese is good for the small cheese, reference. Hope that helps. [​IMG]

trucker43 and wb75 Thank this.
  6. calendarman

calendarman Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Excellent response. Thanks for the info!

7. GnuBe

GnuBe Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Camino, CA
    So who did you go with after SNI?

8. burningrice

burningrice Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Bristol,IN
    Thank you for all your input everyone. I will probably start with them this month. From what i've seen and heard, they are the lesser of the evils. If I quit in a year my recruiter said I could pay the remainder of training before interest rates are accrued. Is this correct? Thank you in advance.

9. handy man

handy man Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2008
    st. joseph ,mo
    get anything they say IN WRITING!

trucker43 Thanks this.
  10. Elvenhome21

Elvenhome21 Heavy Load Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Sheboygan, WI
    I worked with SNI since jan 3. So far my employment has had its ups and downs. Heres just the numbers since I got in my first truck after the TE and cdl test.
    Feb 1 got first truck and officially began driving.
    To date I am on my 23 trailer tire blow out,
    1 steer tire
    7th different truck (all but 1 was for mechanical failure)
    37 days total of layovers march-april were really bad and the last 2 months
    8 weekend they cant get me home on the scheduled day off 2 of which were guarenteed days off

However certain boards and DBLs i have had will bend over backwards to help you with what they can. If you are polite but stern they will normally respect you and work with the issues. The biggest issus I see with DBL are the ones that have never driven truck before are the biggest dicks you can imagine. ALL the DBLs ive had that have drove before are understanding enough to work with what ou need instead of hang up on you.

11. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Not quite ten months and 23 trailer tires dead. Most of the pumpkin equipment you see running down the interstate is beat up and crappy looking, but that number should scream out at you if you were ever thinking of running for them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.