The odds are in favor of the house

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Aug 23, 2015.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Where has she been? Haven't seen her around a while

truckon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    joseph1135 Thanks this.
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    And hold him/her liable.

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    truckon and otherhalftw Thank this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Most people are against leasing because the big carriers who engage in it use every crook and hook to gain financial advantage from the very
    'driver partners' they sign trucks over to.

They short their miles out, charging their customer 100% miles and paying only 93% mileage to the driverpartner.

They negotiate huge fuel discounts with the big chain truck stops and encourage their driver partners to fuel there and then the big carrier pockets the discount.

They will set up an escrow account for maintenance which might hold millions of dollars while earning big fat interest for the carrier.

Get a little behind on your settlements due to a breakdown they will happily offer you a loan for 15% interest.

They may offer 'free' trailers/plates/IFTA/tolls/permits etc, but they are getting it back 10 fold believe me.

All this is done so they can afford to soften the freight rates to their customers which affects a lowering sea change for everyone else out there who doesn't have the ability to steal from drivers to make up for the loss.

It is basicallly like Sharecropping, imagine being a landowner of 10,000 acres of cotton in 1940-- you have families move out onto the spread in little shacks and plant cotton seed on the plots of land- you charge them full price for the seed but because you are a big landowner you got it in bulk discount. Then come harvest time you take 75% of the cotton to account for the 'free' housing and 'free' land the sharecropper used.

7. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    A walk away lease is probably good for someone considering being an owner. I'd imagine if you can't make money with a 70% lease you probably aren't gonna make a good o/o and you haven't made such a huge commitment.

KeithT1967 Thanks this.
  8. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Not really. A lease is set up so you will fail.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  9. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    Prove it. Show us your study of every lease deal currently offered.

10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Well I could go into that. But I'm to lazy.
    So instead I'll just let the stats speak for themselves .

But you can do anything you want.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I'll use JCT. At the end of the day, I as a company driver make just as much and many times more. My pay for this week will be $1843. Can JCT say that? No they can't. Those letters after the truck number tell the story. Like the letter G, the 7th letter of the alphabet. That letter denotes how many drivers have leased that truck. And there are trucks with higher letters than that. At just over $1 mile, that's a promise that most will never complete that lease.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.