The Walmart Skinny v2020

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by flightwatch, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Above weekends off every week, only 4 nights in truck, and 32 days PTO yearly I doubt any werner driver makes close to $113k without living in truck 365 days a year. But granted if basket ball shorts a smedium t shirt that allows undergut to hang out, and flip flops is more important more power to them.
    I actually enjoy living in a house without wheels, to each their own

braceface, truckdriver31 and Treputt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    One who does weekends off and runs a decent clock likely does 60k a year. I make 71k delivering fuel with a company cap of 85k. I'm home every night and weekends with a 401k, though.. Average specs for fuel delivery..

All these companies, including Walmart, advertise a work/life balance with some "up to" figure. Every Walmart driver I see or hear about is basically doing resets home at best for 300-900 more than I made at my last dry van company where I had whole weekends off..

My whole point: Too much hype for negligible difference.. Same goes for LTL and step deck and flat bed

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I work out of arguably the worst area in the nation for a truck driver, California. Our 55 mph max speed, coupled with constant traffic is 2 strikes right there. Having said that, I work at most 4.5 days per week. 4 full days and a half day on my go home day. That adds up to about 52-55 hours of work a week, with 3 nights at home. Also, I get around 5 weeks of paid time off per year. Needless to say, getting down time isn’t an issue here. So, with all that info..you assume I’m making 60k a year? HAHAHAHAHAHA

As of last paycheck this week, I’m at 98k for the year. And that figure doesn’t really paint the whole story as I missed some time this year with Covid and another issue. Had I not missed that time, I’d be around 105k so far.

So keep spreading that story of us Walmart drivers making minimum wage..

5. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Huh? You have multiple drivers telling you what they make and it won't compute with you.

I don't think I could only make 60k if I tried to purposely slack off and work only 5days week 6 hours a day. Like I said don't work weekends so not getting Xtra weekend mileage pay from last check through November haven't been paid December yet so roughly 2 more full checks.

Prob not good enough for you so keep hating. 20221208_192927.jpg

Treputt Thanks this.
  6. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I appreciate you posting your pay stub. I’m just not sure what it is saying because in the current column the numbers don’t add up to $4,529. I get $1,203. What am I missing?

7. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    That pic only shows partial earnings. We get paid every 2 weeks, so that’s only showing the last half of the second week. Not to mention there is another segment of our pay stub that lists bonuses and other types of pay. 4500 for 2 weeks isn’t unusual.

jackoboyo and Coover Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I don't doubt the money is good at WM. It's also good at UPS. Personally I wouldn't put up with the micromanaging, at both places. There is more to life than a paycheck.

Old_n_gray and Coover Thank this.
  9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    There certainly is more to life.
    Honestly I believe most bring the micromanagement upon themselves. Fortunately so far in my 9 years I haven't been micromanaged. And if it starts I will gladly promote myself to customer and show myself out.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    If you do the job the way you are supposed to they leave you alone.

Speedy356, ScaniaLW and Treputt Thank this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I remember years ago when Wal Mart had a strict unspoken rule about discussing pay online or in person. I guess just like their hiring criteria, things change over time.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.