The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    That place is the pits. Thankfully it’s been years since I had to delivery at that hellhole.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    That paying to have your truck unloaded is BS and should be illegal.They consider their time worth $100.00 an hour but your time nothing.

4. Southlover

Southlover Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2017
    O

izifaddag and NightWind Thank this.
  5. Bshaker33

Bshaker33 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Associated grocery in Pearl River La sucks not the lumpers the checkers are the one that hold you up they are very slow

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    then when you come down to it, i guess every company out there?

there's always going to be bad drivers, bad shipper, bad receivers, bad manufacturers, etc,etc.

when Levi's announced many years ago, they were pulling thier product off truck stop shelves in order to sell to more affluent customers, in better stores, many truckers called for a boycott.

why?

we are a VERY SMALL minority of shoppers compared to the overall population of people with purchasing power.

it's useless for such a small minority to boycott, we will NEVER be noticed.

7. Emgee

Emgee Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Taylor Farms in Salinas and Gonzales... the main reason I quit OTR in 3 weeks was when I figured out how much some of you guys are getting ripped off on the road.. sat in Salinas for 8 hours for a partial load, then had to go get the rest in Gonzales for another 2 hour wait... then my clock ran out because of the drive there and had to wait another 10 hours in a ####hole town to leave... no detention pay from Western Distributing and if anyone’s interested I might do a bad company super in depth review :p

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Aw. That Maryland talking from the Janitor.

And I wonder sometimes why I get riled really easy when I run into people like that Janitor. Ive been in Arkansas too long when I managed to forget that little burr in the saddle.

I think you did good. Used wrap is all yourn to the Janitor. Start sweeping. Right quick too because this freight is fixing to stack where this is at. Isnt it nice to have a clean dock?

When I was younger I was quite.. combative for my own good and got into trouble a time or two in some of those places. Maybe not that exact facility but others similar to it.

I recall a place in baltimore off eastern ave east end roughly prior to 95. There was a transfer dock area for trucks to deliver a mountain of resturant vendor stuff. High dollar napkins to spices (Mainly...) and so on. all in the middle of the place. Here I am with a empty trailer standing there waiting for a dock boss to come out. I had to go hunt one up.

By the time the fireworks of loading that trailer was done and delivered across the blessed city to another similar facility (I don't understand but sometimes driver goes A to B just like I am told with this, these, that and those.

To this day Im not certain of the exact count of this, that, these, and those in that box after 6 hours of careful pencil marking off a dot matrix spreadsheet of orders about 4 inches thick and 20 wide.

That place on eastern was the very first into my little notebook as a place not to visit ever again if I can help it.

9. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia
    Kellogg’s shipping in Atlanta. Bump a dock, unhook and pull bobtail around for parking. Give them your number and wait. 8.5 hrs later I’m done being loaded. Absolutely horrendous. Each time I would go inside to use the restroom there would be more forklifts and drivers haggled around flapping by their gums than working. Hope I never have to go there again.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    The one in San Antonio isn't much better.......however the one in Temple is top drawer......one of the best live unloads I've ever been to

izifaddag and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  11. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Boar's Head Provisions in Jarratt, VA. What can I say? It's a meat plant.

I can't speak for others, but every time I've been there to pick up a load, it's always at least 6 hours past the scheduled time before it's even loaded. Especially on a Friday night for your "get home" load. There's no sense of urgency since the load doesn't deliver until Monday morning.

A driver's time is just not valuable there.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.