Thinking about Dart

Discussion in 'Dart' started by JoeTruck, Oct 27, 2018.

1. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Dart is number two on my list, does anyone have an opinion on them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    My number 2 doesn't like a number 2 , is there a number 3.

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Every Dart driver I've talked to is happy, but the money they were earning OTR was less than I was earning as a company driver driving local. YMMV.

5. warlord2324_2000

warlord2324_2000 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2010
    San Antonio,Tx
    any update on your choice ? thinking about dart as well as well as a couple others

6. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    I went with SRT southern regional, 2500-2800 miles at 47 with 10 months experience.
    Nice people, don't bother me .
    To many live load-unload.
    Every company has some downside.

7. tbinteractions

tbinteractions Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2016
    If your still thinking about Dart I could answer some questions

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Dart is a great company in my opinion. Have worked for them a couple times over many years. They are trying to stick to regional dedicated accounts which is what there specialty is , every time they went into OTR cross country it always leads to issues.

9. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I went with them briefly so brief I never pulled the first load some might say what could they possibly do make you leave before first day. Answer they had for me a over weight load at the yard already, they claim its the driver duty to have it scaled weight proper and then told me the delivery was furthest north part of DFW area I was at the most southern part of DFW area I am certain a dumb driver would have drove that risk there CDL in fact I knew some those people when I worked at Swift but thats not something I do for any company. If its the drivers duty why did the previous driver said pull it from shipper not scale it.

I will say again Swift aint the best company by any means but my DM who was a former driver would even bother ask me on the load when I first started out did you scale load my answer always being of course. I know a lot DM don't care but he actually would look after the rookie drivers and thats so few and far between now a days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.