THIS IS BS Im about to give up

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by comrade86, Dec 25, 2010.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Funny; my last OTR gig I was a company driver and I chose my own loads, when and where I would run and when I would go home.....

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
    joseywales77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redclay

Redclay Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    im still at werner for now.
    another driver told me that if you get a crap truck to drive it a little and then tell them you need a leave of absence. say a month. they will take your truck back. then in a week come back and tell them everything is fine....and get another truck. he said in ten years he has done that twice and gotten a better truck both times.

4. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    If Werner was ok for you then look right across interstate 20 at Schnieder. They run alot of dedicated out of thier Dallas yard

5. comrade86

comrade86 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    i know its opinion based... What im asking is some advice once again, im not being a smart ###, i just want an advice from one driver to another. sorry i wasted a min from ur life to read this...:biggrin_25511:

6. comrade86

comrade86 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I think having a truck that u want is probably most important, in my opinion, so i guess w9 or 387 would be ideal for me.. Nothing farther north of Kansas and really want to stay away from the mountains... U know more and more that im reading, i really think my only choice is to become o/o my ideal run would be Dallas-Florida or Carolina's back and forth. I know its all wishful thinking "dreams" I just cant believe that our industry is country leading/ almost and yet we cant find what we want. I dont get it... There isn't a site where i can log in and find a perfect o/o that is looking for a driver. There should be a match maker site like that. I know some o/o have dedicated runs.... there has to b

7. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

But you said you did that route already and you didn't like where you went and that you didn't want to make that mistake again, but....?

You know? And no need for apologies, dude. I've had my tuime wasted by worse, lolol.

My personal recommendation? Swift. For real.

8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    There are alot of runs between florida and texas.

Have you tried poly trucking,

try Sunco even.

9. Big Red

Big Red Lonestar

Nov 11, 2007
    OK.......IF you're gonna buy a truck.....buy what you want....IF you're
    looking to drive for somebody........you take what they offer or pass it up and move on.

Again.....are you looking to stay OTR or are you willing to
    look at other options and run local or regional????????

You got a family or girlfriend you'd like to spend more time with??????

Important questions here.........take some time and answer them.

Years ago, I looked at the truck first instead of what I'd be pulling and
    where. Paid little attention to potential earnings as opposed to how
    many miles I'd be running. As a result, I ran a LOT of miles and didn't
    make squat.

Today......I run fewer miles than I've EVER run with a trucking company
    yet I'm making more $$$$$$$$.........get my point.

I'm not driving the truck of my dreams.......instead I'm driving one of the
    best built trucks for the work I'm doing. Yes it has a hood and the ride is comfortable.......so, I'm not giving up much just because the hood emblem doesn't say Pete or KW.

Sacred Feline Thanks this.
  10. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    To the OP. No matter where you go and who you work for, there will alway's be B.S! You just have to find your flavor of B.S. We're all picky about what we drive but in the end the most important thing is that no matter what it is, it's in a good shape (not dinging your CSA score every inspection) doesn't break down all the time and makes you money.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Call Landstar and ask a recruiter if any O/O's need a driver. Call Sunco carriers and ask the same. If you are on good terms with Werner, call and ask if they offer a dedicated account. Same with Swift, Schneider, and Poly Trucking. Also try Baldwin distribution out of Amarillo TX. You have options, but being picky is not advisable in this economy. You have 100 drivers waiting to take your job. My final advice is to place an ad here:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/trucking-jobs/

Good Luck Comrade and let me know if I can help you out in any way.

KH

Skunk_Truck_2590 and scottied67 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.