Thoughts for New Drivers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by lost_sole, Mar 18, 2023.

1. lost_sole

lost_sole Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2023
    I'm awake early. I wanted to sleep an extra hour, but the load needs to get moving. I'm an hour late already... dispatch never updated my delayed delivery time.

Trucking is like moving into a rough trailer park. Your neighbors are meth heads, street urchin hookers, and ex felons. Most sleep at night, but the few villians out there keep you unhinged just enough to fit in as a trucker.

I'm up early today because somebody is re-arranging their load or fixing their old dumpy truck that California wouldnt let cross their border. It's a mixed feeling, because now I'll get to roll and shutdown sooner than later today, and deliver earlier (dispatch finally updated my load as I post this... before I start my pretrip). So the goofball in the next lot, just like the trailer park with all the crazies, did me a favor.

This is an aspect to trucking that will be common. If you can sleep during your late night illegal construction projects in a trailer park... then you can sleep fine out here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    :coffee2:,:coffee2:,:coffee2:, then get back to us,,and a "rough" trailer park? By definition, they are all rough. Hang in there, pal, sounds pretty normal to me, and I've been out of the loop for 20 years.

Zoltan1a, MSWS, runningman0661 and 4 others Thank this.
  4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Depending on where you go, and what you do, later....it gets better.

Sooooooo.....hang in there!

"The race goes not to the swift, or to the strong....but to those who keep running"

-- Lual

5. lost_sole

lost_sole Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2023
    Yep! Getting close to a decade here. The quiet nights are heaven.

This day was very productive! Better than the 70 shutdown yesterday! Ugh... what a waste of drive time. Illinois MM 119? Any word on what happened?

6. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    He means the type where they are all single-wides, and they leave the hitch and wheels on the trailers...

MSWS and The Railsplitter Thank this.
  7. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2023
    Venus, Mars, and Tampa, FL
    Here in Florida there are quite a few '55 and up' and/or 'resident owned' parks which are pretty nice, actually.

MSWS and The Railsplitter Thank this.
  8. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    I wanted so bad to post a clip from Trailer Park Boys but I couldn't find one that wouldn't violate TTR Terms of Use

9. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    How about the ones with the old style hump roofs with old tires thrown on top to keep the wind from peeling the roof off, under a highway viaduct directly next to the train switching yard? I wish i still had pictures. Im sure that wins the "awful trailer park" award.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.