TMC from the inside

Discussion in 'TMC' started by riverrat143, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Mgualda

Mgualda Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Thanks, that is helpful, I just recently graduated from ATDS, but will for sure get back in the CDL to refresh myself. I'm referring to any of the computer tests. I'm scheduled to start orientation on June 24. I'm excited and a bit nervous (I'm sure it's because of the unknown) I've been reading and doing research and am trying to prepare myself the best I can (physically and mentally). I understand that for the most part getting through the first year the most challenging part can be pushing through the mental aspects of wanting to quit. I'm focused and know for sure this what I want to do. I served in the ARMY as an 88M/Truck Driver, it's been 10years since I got out and am excited to get back to doing what I use to love doing for my country, just on the civilian side of things now.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Thank you for your service. I am not trying to be rude or knock you at all. But I think it need said that other than steering and shifting a similar truck, there is no similarity at all between being an 88M and a civilian driver. You will have about as much to learn as a new entry who never was an 88M. A civilian truck driver would have about the same amount of training needed to be an 88M as you had when you started that chapter in your life. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it. But just dont think youll have a wealth of helpful prior knowledge.

Mgualda Thanks this.
  4. Mgualda

Mgualda Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I don't doubt that at all. I am in complete learning/training mode. This is a whole new animal and there is much respect in my book to those that have been driving long before me. I have a lot to learn and hungry to do so. Thanks for the reply.

MrEd Thanks this.
  5. Gr8camo

Gr8camo Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Hey Farva, i have never seen a breakdown of the snap shot points. Is that something you could post on here?

6. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    That would be extremely helpful.

Gr8camo Thanks this.
  7. Buddywilcox

Buddywilcox Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2020
    Very helpful.
    Thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.