Toll Rates Increase Pennsylvania Turnpike and New York/New Jersey Crossings

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Eddiec, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    PA is ridiculous. I can't believe they charge us money to drive on that ####ty I76/I70. It's a nightmare from New Stanton to Breezewood. Trucks go 80 around all those bends and down hills...

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    $422 cash and $293 for transponder on entire PA Pike. Per truck.

Thats just too #### BS. Give me a unchained 600 CAT and we'll see about those woods and hills.

PA should cost company about 200 in fuel anyway.

4. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Don't know where those numbers came from but they are way off. Actual numbers are still way too much but the full length from OH to NJ is nowhere near those figures.

upload_2020-1-7_18-56-36.png

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    JonJon78 Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Those numbers came from the bottom of the linked Article to OP. Read it.

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Kevin Stewart, president of the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, said the turnpike’s new rates present a significant financial increase for motor carriers. Under the new rates, a Class 8 truck with 5 axles traveling the entire east-west length of the Pennsylvania Turnpike would be tolled $422 using cash and $293 using an E-ZPass.

snipped from article itself linked by OP

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Yes, I did read it. The numbers I got were directly from the PA Turnpike Commission and do not match what the person quoted in the article stated. Those numbers are wrong.

PA tolls will increase 6% every year for quite a few years into the future, those increases were determined a few years ago. As with most taxes (Tolls have been deemed a tax by the courts) they rarely go toward what they are supposed to.

x1Heavy and JonJon78 Thank this.
  8. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I think I'll quit driving and just go over to the Turnpike commission's office and panhandle.

Gemgirl29, bzinger and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok, I'll take this one thought under advisement.

*Bangs head. Seems like nothing is right until you are charged a first born or not.

My sentiment on paying me a few dollars of that to run the woods on company fuel is still stand.

10. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Right here on the Delaware River the Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced in the same day a few years back something like a 20% increase in tolls followed by a huge increase in the salaries of the commissioners. Funny how that works, all in the public interest of course.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.