Tommorow is finally the big day

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Larocamaro, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Quit the factory today in a spectacular fashion, then you are forced to pass the CDL test! Wooo hooooo!!!

Larocamaro Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Good luck brother, just remember it’s not a race but a mere exhibition

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  4. Larocamaro

Larocamaro Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Good idea lol

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Let's go back to my driving test day. We were 22, 4 women, half felons and some old retreads who did not really need more than a hour to break the rust off and remember how.

Three of the ex prisoners came to me cornered me and said that I have done well in school learning and competing with everyone. It is no excuse for me to fail that test, if I did fail then they would impart some violence as a punitive punishment for failing something that is really nothing more than driving someone around a few blocks. Anyone can do that.

And so that focused me nicely. I had a choice, have a good day giving instructor a good ride or face taking on three which will not go well for me. Baltimore can be like that at times. Nothing doing about crimes or calling the law etc none of that in those days. You went out and did your best.

A couple years after school near what I remember as Cape Cod mass for fishing port to get one flounder for delivery into Boston Market (Yes a fish about waist high and almost as long as you are.) and found a diner downtown. Fed a bunch of meters, 7 in total, parralel parked in the curb along that street and made sure with the log book ruler all outside tires were 3 inches from that curb. And she fit in there nicely.

Went across and have a nice breakfast. Of course they give me fast service to faster get rid of me. (Not offended, the service and food was good) The locals did call the town lawman to come look he looked. Measured, checked meters saw me eating at the window. (Trucking hat) and yep everything was in order no worries. And told the locals there was nothing he could do until one of those meters quit at the end of time. About 40 minutes.

Now getting out of there I tell you what it was not for big trucks. And so I would not be back. Thankfully.

That was a pretty good sized fish too from the sea, they almost had to go out like a week to get it.

6. Larocamaro

Larocamaro Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.