Too big to care

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Get*Real, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Landstar’s customers are increasingly third party so yes, I wouldn’t give it a second thought. Old’n days, there were many Landstar brokers who activity sought out new customers. Then they increasingly put on lazy agents who didn’t care or didn’t know how to care. I can count on one hand agents who primarily offer loads they cultivated themselves. So if you undercut Landstar, not to worry; you just undercut Schneider Logistics, JB, etc

Fire ant Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019

4. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019
    A few of their agents are honest and good people. The three you use I bet.....and the other two you don’t. I know all five.

Fire ant Thanks this.
  5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    What trailer do you pull in the LS system currently?

6. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019

7. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Who said I pull for Landstar? I’ve been around the industry long enough to know I still don’t know much. But I have pulled and driven many things for many different companies. With kindness and respect I would rather not tell you my goings and comings. God bless.

Fire ant Thanks this.
  8. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I’ve been there almost 5 years. I have little interactions with head office beyond absolutely necessary.

My eyes have developed a blind spot for agent codes on the board that I call ‘cut and paste’. I can easily call friends with load board subscriptions to find the same freight if I’m vaguely interested.

Not sure about the safety culture thing, I keep my nose clean and my truck well maintained.

It is what it is. I still like the model, as it is under my control as to when and where I work.

D.Tibbitt, cke, jsnell and 5 others Thank this.
  9. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Fine. I was trying to start a conversation.

I noticed you just started an account here, didn’t know if that was solely to vent your frustrations or engage in dialogue.

Have a good day.

D.Tibbitt, cke, jsnell and 5 others Thank this.
  10. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019

11. Get*Real

Get*Real Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I was leased to them. Was. And yes I hated to leave, I had invested many years with them and felt hurt by what I’ve seen and experienced. I believe in safety. I don’t see four wheelers, I see people; good and bad drivers. In the end I am responsible for how I react to them. I also believe that because I am a human being, honorably discharged Vietnam vet, and a contentious 2 million plus miler I have earned respect. I was upset when I posted you are right. I stand by my posts though and will not recant, so help me God.

Fire ant Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.