TransAm Trucking.....MUST READ!!!! inside story

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Davetrucker818, Aug 17, 2018.

1. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    They prey on newbies straight out of some cdl mill that dont know any better, more than likely the cdl mill Relies on these mega bottom feeders to hire their graduates to keep that revolving door going and during the whole class starts selling these suckers on the fleecing... follow the money..

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    guys will sign on to something like that without doing any research they get lured in by the thought of being an owner operator and when they find out the owner part is next to impossible to achieve in that system and the operater part isn't true either because you still have someone to tell you what to do. oh well need to check things out a little better

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You don't have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that leasing a truck from a carrier is for the benefit of the carrier in most cases, not the driver.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Broke Down 69 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I understand how they get sleep and look at themselves. It's called capitalism, and it works great. I wouldn't loose any sleep from screwing over pheasants either. It's simple set up a lease purchase that's going to benefit me. And find suckers to sign the lease contracts.

6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
  7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    They have someone on payroll to spy on anti-lease talk?

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    But sometimes it takes a rocket scientist, to get through the layers of hype that places like TransAm tend to pile on. How someone has their choice of loads, and running lanes, more freedom, better rates per mile, company support, etc. Someone wide eyed just out of trucking school is likely to buy right into everything they're pushing. Especially when they say a lease driver get's a truck immediately, while a company driver has to wait, maybe a week or more, because there are no trucks available.

Broke Down 69 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Basically a tactic prime uses too...not “forcing” someone to LP, but make that company driver’s life miserable with crappy short loads, equipment that’s substandard, micromanaging, and dangling the keys for a brand spanking new(or close to it) fully loaded truck and saying “hey just sign this LP agreement and your life will be great and you’ll have the illusion of being your own boss”. Then the unsuspecting training graduate will sign on and put themself in the red or worse making bloated payments for a truck they will never own.

10. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    I still remember hearing a werner driver who was oo/lease/whatever werner calls it claiming he doesn't pay for fuel. I chose to stay quiet. Currently they're showing people if you do the program you get a 2019 truck. Well I asked if could get a newer truck and I got a 2019 frieghtliner (it was supposed to be a kensworth but whatever) and I'm company

11. mirou

mirou Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    gawden state
    Inside her new $11.5 million apartment on a top floor of the Plaza Hotel, Trudy Jacobson is ready to party.

“When I play the piano, I’m usually nude,” she said.

But on a recent Saturday evening, she’s wearing a Missoni jumpsuit with a plunging neckline, awaiting the fabulous guests — among them, a former Miss Universe contestant and White House correspondent Lucian Wintrich — for her housewarming party.

It’s a coming-out soirée of sorts for the former trucker from Kansas City, Mo., who now lives in a 3,000-square-foot pad overlooking Central Park.

Trudy and her husband of more than 30 years, John, founded TransAm, a major American trucking fleet, in 1987. But she decamped from the Midwest to New York about a year ago to “find” herself. (Trudy’s still married to John, who remains in their 5,000-square-foot manse in Kansas City.)

She’s marked her new chapter with a huge tattoo on her bicep depicting the female Buddhist diety, Tara, known as “the mother of liberation.”

“Moving here has been my personal liberation,” she said while showing off her home’s “zen room,” which features a series of erotic paintings by New York artist Sugar Titties.

Trudy, who declines to reveal her age, is not your usual Upper East Side doyenne. Back in the ’80s, she would drive her fleet’s 18-wheelers from Missouri to the Meatpacking District, hauling up to 45,000 pounds of bone meal with a “rotting” smell that still haunts her.

But, she’s also not your usual trucker. The Jacobsons’ company, Trudy said, boasts an annual revenue of some $250 million. She heads the Jacobson Family Foundation, which focuses on curing juvenile diabetes and veterans’ causes, and is ready to be part of Manhattan’s gala scene. She’s already attended benefits for the 92nd Street Y, the Susan G. Komen Foundation, Jean Shafiroff’s Southampton Animal Shelter and Citizens’ Committee for Children at MoMA.

“Established NYC society might scoff at her, but she doesn’t care,” said her friend, journalist George Wayne. “So many socialites are born into wealth. She’s inventing the mold of what it means to be a modern socialite.”

For Trudy, fitting in was never the end goal. “I don’t have to prove myself to anyone,” she said. “If I want to be associated with the Met, I have the means to do that.”

Trudy said that one “nosy neighbor asked one of my friends if he was my son.”

“I’m sure the staff downstairs is scratching their heads over the new gal shaking up the Plaza, where the lobby feels like a funeral parlor,” Wayne said. He’s serving as a bit of a Henry Higgins for Trudy — showing her art galleries and helping her find the “perfect” butler and hairdresser.

This summer, she’ll visit the Hamptons for the first time. But she also wants to check out Fire Island and the Jersey Shore, adding, “There’s not a mold I fit.”

Since moving, “I’m doing a lot of things I’ve never done,” Trudy said. “Trucking teaches you never to be stagnant. If you stay in one place, you wither and die. If I can survive an empty tank at the base of Mount St. Helens after a volcano eruption” — which, yes, actually happened to her — “I can survive Fifth Avenue.”

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.