Truck crash simulator, imagine if these were real.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by asphaltreptile311, Jan 18, 2020.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Maybe he was helping the prisoners escape and trying to get passed the scale house so he dont get a unsecured load violation , so he took the backroad thru the desert lol

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Watch that second video , driver starts ramming a pilot car

4. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Looks like You Tube videos from Russia.

Dave1837 Thanks this.
  5. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Lol, I've had a few pilot cars I wanted to do that to

6. asphaltreptile311

Jun 16, 2016
    That's a pretty bad pilot to just keep going after getting rear ended like that too

Razorwyr Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Physics are not half bad for computer work. But the situations themselves go beyond the professionally acceptable. I suppose it's no different than say shooting up a airport with a machine gun with a recent game some years back.

The one problem I had with the game is that the modeling of humans in that jeep is something that I would have to draw the line on. Whats next? limbs flying around while blood pools expand? The cement truck physics is not half bad, but flawed. Once those inside wheels come up, shes going over the drum should seperate clean, there is very little holding that drum on. (Literally a 15 pound pin with hydraulics on it spinning it at the front. It would snap right off and the whole #### thing will roll on or tumble spraying concrete everywhere.

I suppose in 10 years these little nicky picky limitations would be modeled nicely by quantum machines. (Quantam means many, as in harnessing many free CPU's on the net to run a modeling program or a game. Or even a real life air craft for war purposes in real time etc.

Ive not here to be difficult, it's just that Ive seen and had enough of these accidents in real life not to necessarily have a desire to revisit some of them. With that said, I do a bit of driving now and then online. And they do not model crashes this well. Its so much better to do it in real life than on a computer anyway. Other than the crashing.

8. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    its not a truck crash simulator. thats just a computer game that people mod.
    yeah thats just beam ng. people program that stuff. its not a crash simulator

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It might have been a mod, however from my understanding on how a 3D computer world object is built and then given a color and texture and assigned a position on the vehicle or somewhere in the game world itself. The Cement tanker came apart pretty nicely I might say. But it's not perfect and a bit much.

You can only have a certain number of objects in a computer world at one time. Too many then the system fails, crashes or locks up.

Some of you may remember model kits in plastic for whatever, chop out, trim the parts and assemble sub assemblies until you have a complete model. Computer modeling in games work just about the same way. But held together with a 3D system of coordinates which is beyond me. And given a weight and so on.

Another thing.

If you crashed a modern car, crunch. Just like a beer can. But if you slammed a old time dual rail framed steel built mid 60's barge of a limo, you will see the frame take the stress and attempt to bow up and stress the body, the forces will actually ripple from front to back at impact down the body. Which is why in those days anyone without a seat belt are given their own inertia and speed at impact and have a impact all their own, maybe eating the windshield glass or punch the steering column through their bodies or something else.

10. asphaltreptile311

Jun 16, 2016
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't even know what to say to that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.