Truck Drivers Sue Werner Over Pay Practices

Discussion in 'Werner' started by jimsreport, Sep 5, 2012.

1. wegolfny

wegolfny Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    You were lucky. We were promised .41 cents / mile split and wound up getting .08 loaded and .06 unloaded.
    They still owe us thousands and we will never see a cent.
    How do we get in on the class action suit I wonder?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redman4u

redman4u Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Im a driver that drove for werner no more when first got hired they put me on a day cab and did runs going to texas from atlanta term. no bunk time pay and alot more pay didnt get but the answer to your question (swartz & swidler) lawyers also look on line too there web sit.

4. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    The difference is that in a position of authority, the onus is on them to behave as a business leader is required to behave in this country. That is why we have laws.

The problem is that these dispatchers are out of touch. They are only nice as long as things are going well, and the moment you need anything, they become high school freshmen.

For instance, why would it EVER be acceptable to leave a human being in a boiling hot vehicle and then try and force them to drive when they cant sleep? Then have the guts to wonder why the drivers are quitting?

If a dispatcher does things to a drive that would be illegal to do to a dog or their own wife, then they have some serious emotional disturbances. They cannot cause HUGE amounts of suffering to people because their stupid feelings got hurt.

If someone gets called out for making another human being suffer and all they care about is being insulted, something is wrong with that person. It is not natural to harm someone, then get angry at them for responding to the harm. Thats just mentally deranged.

They need to stop hiring people that enjoy lashing out at other human beings in inappropriate ways. Its not mentally stable to force someone to live in a boiling hot truck or without heat in the winter because they got insulted when someone questioned them.

Thats not just childish, its like a child suffering from a mental disease. Its beyond childish. Its psychotic.

ITS NEVER ACCEPTABLE TO RESPOND IN A PSYCHOTIC MANNER TO EMPLOYEES. I dont care if their feelings got hurt. Thats not an acceptable response for the kinds of things they do to people.

5. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    All drivers were added to the lawsuit by Law. There were roughly 50,000 eligible drivers added to it automatically by the lawfirm.

I had to talk to the lawfirm after the load planners refused to give me time for sleep when I was training. Even if I said I would not be available because of sleep, they would ignore it and keep dumping loads on me. I had to start just ignoring them because I cant stay up with a student and then drive the overnight shift. I would try and get naps and then take 10 hours off every 2-3000 miles. Not good enough. Would still get loads put on me despite telling them I would not be available for another load.

The reason they are being sued is because their load planners and dispatchers are out of touch with reality. The nigh dispatchers are even worse. They will repeatedly tell you the wrong information until you leave them alone. They are nearly incapable of solving any sort of problem, of even the most basic types.

And this is why the are getting sued.

6. Rookie 305

Rookie 305 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Wow my friend is driving for them now he's from Miami and he said he partner with a rookie like himself and he's young and can't seem to drive good at nite and also they had a layover in New Mexico waiting FOREVER...this his second week....I start school August 31 but I don't know what company to drive for seem like all have bad reviews...trying to fish out the ones which the lease amount of complaints...I hate to leave for something so stupid so I'm doing my own research not what my recruiter is telling me....

7. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    That's the best part of Werner, but driving with a rookie will make you think otherwise. I trained for years, so driving with an experienced driver was actually pretty freakin luxurious in my experience. Was not once thrown out of bed.

Werner is a much better starte company than swift or CR England, but they aren't perfect. Teaming pays a killing, but solo is just average. Lots of freedom, but idle policy is spotty. I didn't want to deal with opti-idle, so I went team after I stopped training.

I put 10 grand in the bank in 6 months, with two mini vacations in Utah and Massachusetts. Took a rental car out and explored all sorts of national parks and old forts, ect.

But I liked my co-drivers. And most importantly WE KEPT A SET SCHEDULE. It didn't matter how many hours we had left, at 3-5am and 3-5pm we switched over. This made life spool much easier. We even switched if we had all our hours left, so waiting times or breakdowns wouldn't interfere with normal sleep schedule.

Just make sure to call a few of the potential drivers and tell them what you are looking for, and ask if they would be alright with it. Half of drivers like night. Half like day. But if you get two of the same day or night people together, it will NOT work out. Night guys tend to have the opposite personality of the day guys, but it always works out. One personality picks up what the other personality lacks.

One guy will do paperwork, deal with dispatch...other guy does nights and fuel. Or whatever. Always worked out great for me.

Just be willing to work together, be willing to give him the shirt of your back of if it gets the load done. Because of he is successful, you are successful in return.

If you have a drink or food that he needs to keep running a hard shift, let em have it. It's only a small sacrifice for a huge increase in living standard.

XUMMiT and pattyj Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.