Truck recovery and when to say no to the company. (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Flashdrive7, Jul 5, 2022.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Uhh... did you even read what I wrote? I said we recovered trucks for medical reasons where the driver couldn't drive. We don't need recovery drivers on staff, we just get someone from the office or a part-time driver to ride out with another truck hauling a load past where the truck happens to be and they grab some freight coming back the other way to get it home. Medical reasons aren't happening that often to require a full-time staffed position for recovering trucks.

As for accidents... we had one hit at a customer when it was on the door last week (unnamed company turned too short and destroyed the deer guard, bumper, and hood). It was towed out of there to a truck stop nearby. We called our local tow company and had them grab a truck from our yard the next morning to take to the driver and brought her truck back here for repair. A crashed truck doesn't need a recovery driver, it needs to be hauled back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Tell them A.)You don’t do recovery’s.
    B.) the truck is broken down and needs a wrecker.

B.) is usually simple, pull fuse(used to be one on battery box that went straight to computer.

4. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    glad to hear it. good luck on the repairs

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    those pics actually made me hungry..sorta like driving in an area, and we smell dead skunk...i got hunger pangs like no tomorrow.

6. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    u need help! lmao!
    u ever go to hormel plant in minnesota? the smells there made me quit eating hormel chili. lol

7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    not sure why you are asking me that...that's why i asked him if he was new, since he said he was ordered to do so......then i told him to grow a set and say NO.....

so, why would i be driving such a wreck..??

don't make sense why you asked me that...???

8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what ever made you think i was never in need of any help..????......:p

i recall driving past "feeder farms"? i think they are called...stink like crazy...

i grabbed my PB crackers.....yum , yum

9. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    The smells are actually coming from Quality Pork Processors next door to the Hormel plant. You must have come on a day when the wind was out of the ENE and blew the rendering plant right over the Hormel facility.

10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i always wonder if the drivers real home is anything like these pics...

to me, i say YES......all the time.

why disrespect your "on the road home"..???

otherwise, pigs, pure, plain and simple.

11. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Wait til you go to a chicken processing plant, load either chicken byproducts or even feather meal, Now i can go inside while eating a bologna sandwich with mustard in one hand and a coke in the other, after unloading it and having it all over you and walking into a truck stop to show wearing blood meal and looking like a serial killer drenched in ick, you can take anything.

Except, changing kids diapers.
    :puke::puke:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.