Truck Stop Cowboys

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jon69, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    At least they speak English, so you got a chance
    At a decent conversation that you can understand.

tommymonza, sirhwy, Dave_in_AZ and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Where I'm from that is normal attire for many. City folk may think its some kind of fashion statement, but its generally not.

Broad Brimmed Hat: keeps the sun and rain off ones face and neck.

Silk Kerchief: wicks away sweat, and keeps one both warm or cool dependent on weather.

Long Sleeve Button Down Shirt: keeps the sun off ones arms, while still breathing well. Thereby keeping one cool, add a thermal shirt and it becomes quite warm if needed. Also protects against scrapes and cuts.

Jeans: flame resistant, heavy duty protection against cuts and scrapes.

Wide Belt: keeps jeans firmly in place, attachment point for CW. Also adds support for an ample belly.

Boots: protection for ones feet.

Dressed in this attire I can walk into any business, from a nice office to a busy construction site, and still look professional.

I will converse with someone dressed in the above attire long before I do with a member of the "flip-flop & track suit" crowd.

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Will the next thread be: "Truck stop truckers. They drive in here with their semi's, acting like they own the place. How do you deal with these varmints?"

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I have never spent that much time wonder about other people, too busy minding my own business, except the ones who stink, I've been known to print up a shower ticket and give it away.

6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Geraldo Rivera used to wear cowboy boots on his talk show in the 80's. While wearing suits ! Plus he a small tattoo on his hand between thumb and forefinger. Camera would catch it every so often. I wore cowboy boots for years while driving, but levis and T-shirts, Calif casual, right ? In fact I just donated my last pair of boots to a thrift store, which I had not worn for over 10 years. Now it's tennies without socks. The guy ain't dressed western unless he's got the big belt buckle AND the feather in his hat while smoking a Marlboro, He needs to also stride across the lot like he just dismounted his horse. :laughing-guffaw:

7. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry for looking at your truck OP, I was just wondering how you managed to rip the fairings and bumper off that white volvo you got there, being you have 50 mirrors and whatnot. Make fun of my attire all you want, but I've never been kicked out of a steel mill, or any shipper/receiver, for being under-dressed

8. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Shoot I never thought about getting a hat but I can see how they can be useful i could use one when loading it seems the water always falls when I get the jail loaded and standing right below it

9. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    Cowboy boots are extremely comfortable, especially to drive in.
    Jeans, also.
    Button down western shirts look good, feel good, are wrinkle and stain resistant, and are generally low maintenance... Wash and hang it up.
    Solid leather belt with a nice buckle (as opposed to the semi hubcap sized) are clean and professional.
    A decent hat, beaver or straw, with a basic band completes the deal.
    It's all low maintenance, comfortable, and fairly professional in appearance.
    The ones you might wanna watch out for are those with the extremely gaudy buckles the size of a trash can lid, the bolo tie folks, and those with more silver and gold than Saks 5th Avenue.
    It's tough to sit with a huge buckle in your lap.
    Bolo ties are dangerous... Too easy to grab and choke the snot out of someone.
    Gaudy stuff demands attention.
    Don't get me started about folks with spurs that ain't seen dirt or the side of a horse...

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Before we continue any further, I need to know the X value of everyone's daily driving hat.

11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I prefer a 4X black Stetson

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.