Truck stop showers….

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Trucker Carlton, Jul 28, 2021.

1. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    I must be weird but I'm not too picky about showers, I just need to clean the stank off I don't need deluxe accommodations. The only shower I ever refused to use had used hypodermic needles on the floor, that was a no-go for me.

Kitty40, FearTheCorn and Buddy Stinson Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Honestly I just didn't like team showers.

I mean washing his back. It sucked. :biggrin_25523:

4. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    I grew up on a ranch. Horse crap, cow crap, we didn't have #####y flip flop wearers. As far as I know, I didn't catch anything. Showers don't scare me mostly. Now if a team of CR England drivers piled out of a truck before hand, all bets are off.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    That’s why you get shower shoes.

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    That'd work great on keeping pests off your vegetable garden also.

Trucker Carlton Thanks this.
  7. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    So, true. Its the people that clean, its the people that cook, its the people that drive truck, its the PEOPLE that ruin everything. Look at Egypt for instance. Once the most beautiful country of all, have you seen it lately? What happened? Its the PEOPLE that ruin everything. The USA is now that country. We are even attacking ourselves now, while being afraid of a flu virus. Very common Flu Virus.

8. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    I too carry my own towels. I was doing laundry one day in a Loves and the laundry room was directly across from a shower. The kid “cleaning” the shower took the bath towel that was just used and wiped the toilet bowl and rim and threw it in the basket with the rest. It’s bad enough that an 18 year old boy that hardly showers regularly himself is in charge of sanitizing, so I’m sure the rest is done poorly as well. The only thing worse is the men’s room…

9. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    That's gross but I mean the towels get washed in industrial strength detergent that gets rid of the real nasty stuff so when it comes time for the next person to use the towel, it should be fine. For the toilet itself it obviously wasn't properly cleaned but if you have to sit on it then put toilet paper over the seat before you sit on it. At least he didn't clean the toilet and then go on to clean the sink with the same towel lol.

I think it's a bit unrealistic for the showers to get properly cleaned after each use. There's not enough staff there to do it. Bring your shower sandals, give the towels a smell test before using them, bring a bottled water to brush your teeth with so you don't have to use the sink water and you should be fine.

10. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    At least 2 times my husband and I were going to stop and get food somewhere at a truck stop. My husband goes in to use the bathroom and a manager is in there using the bathroom and didn’t wash their hands.

We always bring our own food, but sometimes wanted a break. This has stopped us from buying truck stop and fast foods.

Trucker Carlton and Team818 Thank this.
  11. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    The motels are the same way. Dirty rooms. We opened the drawer on the desk with mirror, old phone, note pad, you know the main table and pot seeds flew out all over the place. hahaha. We were like boy this room has been cleaned right? They have been for the homeless for what 2 years now. Motels are horrible now. Motel 6 should be renamed, Motel Horror.

Trucker Carlton Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.