Truck stops with tight parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Truckermania, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    My vote would be every Loves, and Pilot all across the Nation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Flying J Texarkana, AR
    TA Slidell, LA
    Petro and Pilot Hammond, LA
    A few Circle K s with truck parking can be a pain

Truckermania Thanks this.
  4. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    The Pilots that were once Williams and Wilco's are not bad at all

spyder7723 and Truckermania Thank this.
  5. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    The pilot in Nitro, West Virginia is a complete disaster! The last time I was there, it took me 45 minutes just to buy fuel and use the facilities. I haven’t been back since.

The Love’s in Carlisle, PA is also a train wreck. A few weeks ago, I drove past the entrance while exiting the turnpike and going back to 81, and the line to enter the place was backed up all the way to the street. The flying J up the street sucks, too.

6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Seems that Pilot, and Loves are trying to Monopolize the truck stop industry. Maybe i need to start another business. A truck stop that is equal to, or close to Iowa 80. Only with better Homestyle southern cooking, excellent driver service, no BUFFET, healthy choice foods also, a game room to make Chuck E Cheese jealous, Movie theater, and a separate television room with local Satelite T.V, Clean restrooms, and showers, i'd have a section for husbands/wives, Boyfriend/girlfriends, and solo driver showers in both men and women's separate sections in the building. Barber shop, and a salon for women, FREE coffee to drivers who show CDL, including thermo's, at meal time, or if you fuel or not. Chrome, and radio shop with only the best repair persons, and installation people for your chrome.

7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Rural VA along I 81, and rural I 40 in Ark would be great locations

8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    The rest stops on 95 in CT are a pretty horrible layout having to blind side into most of the spots

homeskillet Thanks this.
  9. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Whites in Raphine VA. The most parking on the east coast and still the entrance is a cluster of drivers who have to park within waddling distance of the Skillet. Couple of months ago even the shuttle bus had it's hood ripped off.

10. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Pilot, Morris, IL, I-80 exit 112. Maybe I'm more of a puss then I think I am but I've tried to get into a spot there twice late at night and each time said screw this it isn't worth ripping the nose off another driver's truck after about 5 minutes of trying.

And for the record, the Pilot in Drums shouldn't even be considered a truck stop. The guy that did that one definitly would not have passed a DOT drug test.

DTP and mitrucker Thank this.
  11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Not sure why everyone complains about parking. So many threads on here about how "I don't patronize Loves or Pilot etc" blah, blah, blah. But , every dang one is full every night ! ! . Admit it. you love the facilities available. Right ? Those yummy hot dogs that have been on the broiler for 5 hrs, and the so-so showers and long lines to pay for your chips and sodas and cigs. You love the windshield time sitting in your truck observing all those classy drivers wearing their pajamas and flip flops around. How could you NOT want to be a part of it ? Loves isn't building boo-coo new truck stops with bank loans, right ? So, carry on, enjoy !

Gatordude, Kyle G., mitrucker and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.