Trucking companies with 75mph trucks

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    So, in thinking about this thread, and since I was on the interstate for a change, I conducted an experiment Friday.

I was on I-30 for 92 miles. I set my cruise, as I always do, at 72 mph and I counted how many times I got passed by another 18 wheeler.

Total trucks that passed me in 92 miles? ONE TRUCK. To be honest, I knew there wouldn’t be many but I was expecting more like 4 or 5.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cgilliland

cgilliland Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    same. i was complaining to myself mine is governed at 72, did the same test, yea only a couple. I think the governor actually could keep me out of trouble, not that i drive crazy but if you lost your concentration for a second i think its a nice safe guard

alds Thanks this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

That’s an old video. They’ve been saying that for some time now, but I doubt we’ll have any more significant changes to trucking (as long as a conservative is in office).

5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I-30 has little traffic and even less right now with the coronavirus. You should try I-80 between Omaha and Salt Lake City. You’ll be a nobody, especially in NE with many of the cattle haulers going 80. They don’t mess around over there, but the roads are very smooth and straight.

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    If I were out there, I would set my cruise at a couple over whatever the speed limit is. Again, my truck isn’t governed. Speed limit is 70 around here, so I set cruise at 72. If it were 80, I’d set cruise at 82.

Bottom line, I like drive without having to worry about Barney Fide and his ticket book. At a couple over the posted speed limit, I have no worries.

Personally, I think it sucks that most companies govern their trucks, but I understand why they do.

I’m just glad mine isn’t governed. Lol

BlueThunderr, alds, Trucker T and 3 others Thank this.
  7. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    So maybe 2-3 people in this whole thread added useful information pertaining to the thread's title.

Less debating, more useful information. Thanks

We all have preferences in how we'd like to live/work. If I have to go back on the road, I'd rather not be governed at 65 anymore unless it was my last option. Having a truck that can do 72-78 mph would be a wonderful driving experience. Doesn't mean I'll be going 78 24/7, just having the FREEDOM and ability to pass someone when needed, makes for a much enjoyable driving experience.

I'd be perfectly happy cruising along at 72 all day long.

8. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    How you say your going to kill people in a 75 mph truck and not make a decent living.
    I wouldn't work for a company that there trucks did below 75.

9. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    True statement.

10. tallmon

tallmon Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2014
    All trucks go below 75

jmz Thanks this.
  11. Trucker T

Trucker T Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    They whine about everything that passes them. . Never gets old

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.