Trucks banned at new rest stop? I-5 at Ashland.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by GEPPETTO425, Aug 23, 2017.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Of course the rest area would be off limits especially if its under construction

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Sorry to interrupt the California bashing, but any rest area "north of Ashland on I-5" like this one isn't in our Golden State.

The rest area being discussed is in the state of Oregon, which is a different state than California.

4. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    When they started construction the signs said no trucks in the rest area, which was strange because they hadn't even really started any sort of construction and everything was coned off with no real exit for it anyway. Now they have signs for cars and trucks, so I doubt they are banning trucks. Either way, there is tons of room a few miles up at the weigh station.

Folks should stop being so terrified of weigh stations.

GEPPETTO425 Thanks this.
  5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

not much....

6. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I've developed a strong dislike to both Washington and Oregon. I live in California, and I despise just about everything about this state. But I go up North, see things going the same way as California, and I see the holier than thou attitude that many folks up there get that they aren't California. At least we own the crap hole that we are...

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I never understood the idea of refugees trying to make the place they flee to like the one they fled.

8. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    If you loved it SO much , why , oh why did you LEAVE ? Like Wilcow says , "if you bring there here, here becomes there" . Guess they never heard "when in Rome, do as Romans do"?

Knucklehead and bigguns Thank this.
  9. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I think some people seriously don't comprehend the consequences of certain policies or ideologies. They want the government to feed clothe and house the poor, because it's only right, and they don't see the correlation to higher taxes and the influx of undesirables. They want the government to pay for things by taxing the rich, they don't see the correlation with the loss of businesses in the area, followed by unemployment. So on and so forth. Just a lack of critical thinking.

Others I think just want what's best for themselves. The carrier I work for runs up and down I5, so trucks need to be compliant with California emissions laws. So when Oregon and Washington talk about enacting the same standards as California, I heard our fleet manager talking about how he supports it, because it means we don't have to compete with companies that aren't California compliant who are running freight in the PNW that doesn't involve CA, which we also do.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  10. Newbeav Newbie

Newbeav Newbie Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Why would u want to stop there anyway? The Petro is a couple miles away as is a pilot in Central Point

11. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Said the Native American as the first Europeans came ashore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.