Trying to decide between Prime, Swift, or CFI

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gambosa, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    That sounds like a good plan! I'll have to wait until I get some money to take the physical but I'd prefer to know ahead of time if I would pass the physical or not. A recruiter from Prime thanked me for being honest with her about it & I told her I don't want to put any school out money for transporting me to their location only to find out I have a medical condition which will prevent me from driving. A friend of mine who drives told me I shouldn't have said anything because it would be difficult for them to find out on their own, but I would have had my medicine with me when I attended school. lol

TheRealPorkChopExpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Honestly you will probably go through a few companies before you find one you like. A lot of them sound great on the website but the real good ones you'll find while you're out on the road talking to other drivers.

Also doesn't hurt to look them up on Glassdoor, but the bad thing is most of the time people only post online when they're mad and when they're happy they're working not crying on the internet.

Fuelinmyveins and Gambosa Thank this.
  4. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I used to tell fellow students the same thing about ratemyproffesor.com lol
    My brother in law suggested Schneider until I mentioned Prime & his eyes lit up. They have some super beautiful trucks. I don't think he's drove for Schneider though, but he may have. I know he drove for CFI for a while. I always thought my dad had it real good when he drove for Wal-mart but he was telling me about his dispatch & drop/pick up location whoas the other day. I know things won't always run smoothly no matter who I drive for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.