trying to find a job after accident

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lazriel1988, Dec 18, 2014.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    As a tow-away event it will stay on your PSP for 5 years.

lazriel1988 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Anymore insurance companies make the call who gets hired not carriers.So its not that they wouldn't give you a chance to prove yourself its they can't,their hands are tied.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  4. zenaddler

zenaddler Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2013
    The company I work for has five trucks two of them are driven by drivers who had rollover they both have a lot of experience. One of my friends made driver of the year at his company. He had a rollover with them a long time ago, got fired, worked for a bottom feeder and eventually got rehired. OP use the time when you should be working to knock on doors and talk to people. If you remember that the purpose is to feed your kids you will get a job. It is very difficult to listen to the word no and keep going yet driverss are needed be willing to do anything that is safe to do and you will find a job.

lazriel1988 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Ignore what it says on trucking company websites about accidents, experience, etc. and apply anyway.
    Many companies are bending their own hiring rules these days.

Keep us posted; best wishes.

zenaddler and Milkman719 Thank this.
  6. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Let me repeat what I said earlier. OP needs to use his driving skills on private property for now, spotting trailers, working dock, shipping and receiving while this unfortunate item so very slowly gets off his record. Otherwise, it's banging your head against the wall for no good reason. The worst scenario would be to find an outfit so bad and such a bandit that it will let the OP drive.

One of our members signed up to assist one of the parcel delivery outfits during the holidays (as a helper/runner, I think) and possibly snow plowing as winter comes on. Don't need your CDL for that. It would be smart to work for a trucking outfit, but in some capacity other than as driver on the road for a while. When this is behind him, he has had his CDL for all this time, works for a trucking outfit as a driver again. The sky's the limit again.

Yeah, it's gonna take a while. Maybe work construction, try operating equipment, backhoe, etc. An outfit with big, heavy toys might appreciate a guy out in the yard with a CDL, even if very rarely on the road due to the accident. That's okay, too.

7. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    Oil field will take just about anyone. North Dakota, Oklahoma, and Texas need tons of drivers for hot shots and tankers. I had a roll over in January this year and was back in a truck at $16/hr in November. Keep looking and dont give up. Good luck.

8. Flybynight041

Flybynight041 Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2014
    What I meant is that you need to think of your family at all times, not after a careless move. Thinking about your family after the fact doesnt do a #### bit of any good.

damutt and joseph1135 Thank this.
  9. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    ^^^^^ hit it on the head

joseph1135 and Flybynight041 Thank this.
  10. Flybynight041

Flybynight041 Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Your CDL is your bread maker. If you always keep that in the back of your mind when you're driving, you wouldn't be here talking about being in a rollover.

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That's true. A lot of guys take it for granted. And then it's too late.

Flybynight041 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.