Unsure where to post this, 10yr vet, 2m miles, possesion of alcohol on psp, is my carreer over?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Discruntal, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I wouldn’t doubt it, brownsville scales used to be bad.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    6.3.2 Alcohol (392.5)
    Drivers are forbidden to consume or be under the influence of alcohol (as defined in 49 CFR 382.107) within four hours of going on duty or operating a CMV (49 CFR 392.5). Drivers are forbidden to use alcohol, be under the influence of alcohol, or have any measured alcohol concentration, while on duty, or operating, or in physical control of a commercial motor vehicle. Alcohol can only be transported as part of a shipment.

Stonehjl, lual, Numb and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    This is why I never pick up anything from the NH liquor store at the rest areas, even if I'm close to home. No need to take any risks. Hopefully others can learn from this.

Stonehjl, Chinatown and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I always carried any beer in the trailer, if accesable.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Discruntal

Discruntal Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2023
    My fire extinguisher and triangles were mounted in the side box, so when asked to see i had to show them to the officer ... Well ... Unopen case of beer ... o_O.s. 24 hrs

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. Discruntal

Discruntal Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2023
    You really are chinatown ... Thanks for all the suggestions. Some of these ive actually applied to and was told no chance because they trwat a possesion charge the same as a dui/dwi ... Company/insurance policies. Ofc not all have given me reasons for denial

Stonehjl and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    As a last resort, try Craigslist and Facebook. Both have trucker pages for employment. As we've told other, make dozens of phone calls and leave dozens of phone messages.

9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Thing is, the 24 hours is about alcohol under the legal limit, although they don't even have to make you blow, IIRC. So it was perfectly legitimate to write you a ticket for the beer, and absolutely wrong to put you out of service.

Not that wrongful OOS is anything new, nor is the problem likely to change when there's no incentive to get it right. If you're in the wrong, it costs you money; and if the cop is the wrong, it still costs you money. An honest to goodness Catch-22.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.