USA Truck Driver Newbies, this post is for guys who are wondering what usa like

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Groove, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Weeman7898

Weeman7898 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2013
    On The Road
    Let me guess, waiting that long in York, PA?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    That's exactly where it was.

4. Weeman7898

Weeman7898 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2013
    On The Road
    Man, whenever I get to most RR Donneley places, I know I'm in for a wait. That one in York is notorious for long wait times and I know when I get there I will be more than likely taking a 10 hr break with their loading/unloading times. The only RR Donelley that was great with no wait time at all was preloaded in Fontana, going straight to Phoenix, Az. And then I went to my mom's and took hometime.

J_FROG Thanks this.
  5. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    lol good one jfrog,i have gone camping,never gone camping where there were no restrooms,never gone camping where there were no showers.My theory is a ten hour break is a ten hour break.My break starts when I am not getting unloaded or loaded.Why would I wanna get up to sign bills or pull out from a dock in the middle of whats suppose to be my rest time?To me if I have to do either of those then I am working which is legally not being on break,stop me when im wrong here.I was trained by a USA trainer and he never told me once that signing bills or pulling out from a dock,closing doors etc etc was part of your break.I see both sides to this.I just aint willing to interrupt a nights sleep just so I can run more.I logged 3200 miles last week and didn't take a break at a customer one time.Just works for me lol.And im lucky in the fact that I have never spent 8 or 9 hours at a customer either in 6 years so that probably helps too

6. Chopper1776

Chopper1776 Light Load Member

May 8, 2013
    The waiting has nothing to do with DS. I just think that it's a little overboard to charge somebody an extra $3000 if they don't fulfill their contract when our schooling and lodging costs $2900. I know I got myself into this without anybody twisting my arm, it's just a little ridiculous. I'm over it and know I have to deal with it now.

7. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    If it happens consult a lawyer with all the paperwork and you probably wouldn't have to.pay the extra $3000. But its easier to just finish the year. If you don't like usa leave then. Better choices after a year vs. 3-6 months. I made ok money my first year. There are weeks that suck and weeks that are great. Most will be your average. The biggest lie was the "make up to $42, 000 your first year". You may, but more likely $30-$36k.

8. Chopper1776

Chopper1776 Light Load Member

May 8, 2013
    I don't really have to worry about it anymore. My trainer started his crap again with me yesterday and we got into an argument. We both thought it best if we part ways when we got back to the terminal. We had a talk with the training manager in Vandalia. I ended up getting fired. They didn't have a clear cut reason for letting me go. Their reason was "We don't have a lot of information to go off." That makes sense....we don't have the information, so we'll go ahead and let you go?! And this is one of the reasons that I dislike the idea of Driver Solutions. Normally, a company would assign a student a different trainer. Because USA Truck has a huge shortage of trainers, I get canned, and now I owe a company $6000? It's a little frustrating.

9. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but I wouldn't get too upset about the money yet. There are plenty of companies that will pick you up and foot the bill. You just need to check a few out. Good Luck.

Chopper1776 and Thomas0810 Thank this.
  10. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
    Thats to bad try swift and sneider cant spell its the rolling pumpkins or knight they hire right out of cdl school

11. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    Go to Werner, they will take anybody...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.