USA truck

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Locdrjr, May 24, 2008.

1. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    They are bottom feeders, they will put you through CDL school, and run you 4-6-8 weeks with a trainer OTR ( I did 5 weeks) then give you a raggity truck and let you go. my 1st solo truck had 400,000 miles and 2 weeks later I was placed into another truck because that one had 4 DOT violations when it hit the shop, 2nd truck had 419,000 miles , and I drove that until it had 500+ on it , finally 9 months later I got a decent truck , had 168,000 miles, I turned it in with 346,000 a year and 2 months later. I drove for them for 2 yrs to get the 2 yrs some companies look for. There was a lot of hassles with night/weekend dispatchers (the reason I finally left) but they will let you get your feet wet right out of school,, do what you need to ,don't expect to be home a lot, try to be humble and hope like hell for a good dispatcher...and then run like your delivering dynamite with the fuses lit....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    true that on the night and weekend help.I got home yesterday around noon.not due back out till tuesday at noon i would assume since i arrived home at noon.They gave me a ld assignment that picks up at 7am tues at the drop yard here in Dallas and delivers at 845am Tues in FT Worth.I sent them a message on the qualcomm stating the load wasnt going to work seeing i wasnt getting my full 72 hours that i was due home.They told me to call my FM monday and talk to him about it.I normally come home on a Friday just so i dont have to deal with the weekend help but it didnt work out that way this time.

4. Locdrjr

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    you get the fun over going to southwest freight and the driving clear across D/FTW to make your delivery at morning rush hour times and only get paid for the miles which time wise should be about 1/2 hr to 45 mins, but will take you closer to 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours prolly I hated that crappy little dirt lot, bad all the way around...don't get stuck shagging other peoples drops for mile pay , if you do it tell them it for Hourly pay only!

5. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    yeah the two loads they tried to give me for tues morning were for 30 miles loaded.sent them a message on qualcomm this morning and explained the mess of what happened this weekend with the weekend help.He took care of it for me told me on qualcomm return date is Wed at 0700 instead of tomorrow so i actually got a little more home time.Seem to have a pretty good fm

6. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    we actually dont use southwest freight anymore.they use one right down the road from there called ww rollins

7. Locdrjr

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    Yeah sounds like you have a decent FM there , no more SWF yard , man them there Van Buren boys are moving up in the world LOL,, next thing you know they'll stop using the drop yard in Conley GA

8. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    yeah most of the drop yards seem to be hell holes

9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    WE DON'T USE IT NOW? HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN A WHILE, I GUESS SLOB DRIVERS HAVE WORN OUT OUR WELCOME THERE FINALLY.:biggrin_25513:

10. Locdrjr

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    yes they do have some nasty drivers in the group there, I went to hook to a trailer I was relayed in West Memphis, and there was a gallon jug full of piss right by the landing gear crank! how nasty and the worst part is how lazy.... But they do have a lot of good drivers/people there, or maybe that is just me and my glass half full mentiality... all in all USA was a decent place to get my feet wet OTR, I made some good money they kept me busy, my best week with them I totaled 4805 miles in 9 days of driving, but it all dropped on the same check , I had 2483 the week before, and caugght a 3000 mile run mid week going from Long Beach CA to Shrewsbury MA in the middle of the next week, pulled a 34hr reset in NM and still delivered 6hrs early, then caught a hazmat load from Springfield MA to Greensboro NC dilivered the next day and then picked up another hazmat load in Greensboro NC headed to Waco TX but I ran out of time and had to reset again, when I stopped I had 4805 logged and legal dropping on the next check.

11. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    yeah i just came out of west memphis this morning and saw a piss bottle laying on the ground and thought how lazy can people be

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.