Using Siri to Record Video

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lanesa, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Lanesa

Lanesa Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2020
    Hi I have a question? Can you use siri to take a photo or video as long as its hands free? According to DOT laws I can use my phone as long as is hands free and I may not touch more than one button on my phone.

To be in compliance it states:
    • Use an earpiece or the speaker phone function.
    • Use voice-activated dialing.
    • Use the hands-free feature. To comply, a driver must have his or her mobile telephone located where he or she is able to initiate, answer, or terminate a call by touching a single button. The driver must be in the seated driving position and properly restrained by a seat belt. Drivers are not in compliance if they unsafely reach for a mobile phone, even if they intend to use the hands-free function.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    If you own your truck I don’t see why not (provided you are in compliance with DOT regulations). Otherwise you have to ask your safety compliance department.
    As I remember, when I was working for a corporation they made us sign an agreement that we couldn’t record anything while in company properties.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  4. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    I would say it’s completely legal as it’s hands-free.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.