Vaping Nicotine to Stay Awake

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Skytz33, May 27, 2018.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Quitters never win.

Intothesunset and DSK333 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Nobody likes a quitter!

Intothesunset and skellr Thank this.
  4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    It's funny, now the kids are getting hooked on their Juuls rather than cigs and are actually safer than when I was in school and kids had Chesterfields and Pall Malls and Camels without filters from the vending machines or mom's purse. The social stigma and nannying remains from smoking, but it isn't the same, hazard-wise.

The trick with any substance is to not use it regularly/habitually. Then it loses its effect. If you only vape once in a while when tired it will actually work when you really need it.

The reason for that is that we all have receptor cells, originally for internal communication and not catching a buzz. The more they are set off by external substances the more they shrink, which is why addicts need more and more. So use less and less often for best results.

Addicts need to wake up to the idea that happiness does not come from external things. Nannies need to realise that sometimes humans get caught in industrial circumstances and some ceremonial nicotine might save a life or two. Not everyone needs to be an addict. And everyone on here has breathed diesel fumes every day.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  5. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Now i have read all the comments. I debated but this is just a joke..ok take a $20 bill or larger in hand and hold out the window. Stay awake or lose it. The higher denomination the better it works.

Intothesunset, Adieu, Lite bug and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Iggy Norburn

Iggy Norburn Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2018
    If you vape to stay awake you'll get way too much nicotine and will start feeling numb and ####. Just get enough sleep, do the caffiene, and vary your activities all the time, change the station a lot, stop and get out of the truck, vary the way you scan the horizon and mirrors, sing.

Intothesunset and snowlauncher Thank this.
  7. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    My ears bleed when I sing.

x1Heavy and Intothesunset Thank this.
  8. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Is there a vaping thread? I'm needing to get input from people vaping. I am having many inconsistentcies from my devices. I wish I was still smoking because of these issues. My devices are.
    Mag 225 by smok
    Trinity alpha by smok salt nic
    Snowolf wocket salt nic
    And I am still clueless about sub ohm juice.

9. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Vaping is like an electronic crack pipe. Nothing good can come from it. Trust me. I know.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  10. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Please tell.
    I'm trying to quit smoking the cancer sticks.

11. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I have a very nice vape that I use to ward off a desire to buy smokes. It works to some extent. It does not however make me less tired or more alert. If you buy it for that reason you are going to be disappointed.

snowlauncher and Intothesunset Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.