Venezia transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Dave1837, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    What kind of numbers are you grossing at 12-13 hours a day?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Haven't had a full week yet to have a ballpark number. Trained week 1, weather pushed me a day behind week 2. Next week I'll see how I did this week

Air Cooled Thanks this.
  4. Dave1837

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Full week with no hold-ups I grossed $1,588 for 2,100 miles. I made more running tar, but I'm home every day now so I'm fine with that. They just upped our hourly rate loading/unloading yesterday by $6

Air Cooled Thanks this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    loading on scales solves the problem…….safety first !

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  6. Dave1837

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Alright so if anyone's still interested in this thread, this is a one year update on the company from my perspective.

The pros
    - Very nice people, my DM is very polite and understanding. He really works around my schedule and keeps me running at night which I like.
    - they really leave you alone here and let you do your job. Never have I gotten a phone call and been questioned about stopping and napping, excessive speed (accidental I don't speed on purpose, mostly), hard brakes, ect...they give you a load and let you do it.
    - The pay here, I feel, is very fair. On the asphalt/tar side of things I'm grossing $1,700-1,800 a week without even running too hard. On the LPG side I grossed between $1,800-2,350 a week, depending on how cold it was.
    - They allow you to run under exemptions for LPG, but don't force it. I needed some extra cash so I took advantage of it.
    - If my truck happens to break down, they are on it pretty darn quick. In the 3 times I've needed road service, I've been contacted by the service provider within minutes of calling in to dispatch. If I'm at a terminal and need a different truck, they give me a daycab and I hotel it for a few nights.
    - PFJ and Loves are the fueling points, not sure if that's a pro or con lol but we can also fuel at Kwik Fill which I like a lot.
    - Nobody gets excited over small stuff. Just last week I smoked a deer on PA route 948 going about 60. Truck was driveable still, just dented front bumper. Called safety in the morning and sent in some pictures, and ended up talking more about hunting than hitting the deer lol
    - I have been home every weekend

The cons
    - Their maintenance program is decent, but not the best. I've gotten to know the good and bad mechanics so I kind of pick and choose which terminals I go to for service.
    - They have nice trucks, they're all automatics though. I have one of the last 10 speed manual road tractors on the road. Pulling liquid tankers they kind of suck, especially the 10 speed autos.
    - Mostly everyone is dedicated to a division. Trucks are set up differently for oil, LPG, and dry bulk. This is nice until things slow down. The chemical company I hauled into every day had an explosion and they were shut down for nearly 3 months. Thankfully I was able to haul oil during that time, but only to customer unload facilities. They will keep you working, but you may not like your assignments.
    - Probably the most irritating thing for me is, they cater to the driver's that do nothing but complain. Myself and a lot of other drivers get our load assignments and run them. There's those select few that just have to piss and moan about everything. Those are the ones that get what they want. I try to keep to myself for the most part to avoid the drama.

Conclusion
    - I know I forgot a lot of info, but oh well. Bottom line is, I've been very happy here for over a year now. I like what I do, and I like who I work for. If I decide to stay in trucking, I can't see myself working elsewhere. I enjoy being left alone and basically setting my own schedule. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask

7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Dave1837, THANKS MUCH for the write up--and the follow up!!! :):cool::D

I don't think there are enough reviews like this on the Forum for tanker companies (especially lately)--so your feedback here is probably more valuable than you (we?) really think...:thumbup:

What do you think are the hiring requirements for the LPG group? Is there enough work there in LPG to keep a driver busy, year-round? Is LPG local only work--or regional, as well (or maybe even both)?

--Lual

Dave1837 and prostartom Thank this.
  8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Great write up. do it again in 6 months...rinse and repeat.

Thanks

Dave1837 and prostartom Thank this.
  9. prostartom

prostartom Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Do you have to do any NYC? One of the reasons I was considering them was I can't say I had ever seen them around NYC, but then I did see a dry bulk truck pass me in heavy traffic on the BQE, so there went that theory.

Also how is the Health Insurance and retirement options?

Thanks in advance.

10. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    How far west do they hire outta Florida~I saw where they had this relocation program advertised on Indeed

11. Dave1837

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I, personally, would not want to run LPG year round. There is work, yes, but not enough to keep me as busy as I want to be. Their LPG is local, I was home every day. However, I ran about 25-2,800 miles a week. As far as requirements I think they just want a year experience, 23 yoa. It was hard for me to get on LPG as a lot of guys like it and don't want to give it up. A driver either quit or retired so a slot opened up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.