Violation for Spinner Knob On Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by T|2uck3r, Mar 11, 2011.

1. wildbill123

wildbill123 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    SE,MI
    My brother in law uses one, he drives a Classic XL he bought it new and now has 1.7 Million on it. He never uses it going forward. I asked him why he used it and he said this Classic doesn't come back around very good, in other words it's a little harder getting back under it. He loves it, and has been through a lot of inspections and nothing has ever been said. He actually went through an inspection the other day in Minn. and they went out of their way trying to find things to write him on, and did end up giving him four violations, but none for the knob. I guess it could have been five.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    So he got an indecent exposure ticket:biggrin_255:

Tazz

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    :laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw:

5. shiftin'shell

shiftin'shell Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Dayton Virginia
    Had one in a silage truck. They are nice for farm jobs. Where you have to turn quick. But I would'nt want one on the road.

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

Chasin' a chopper should be taught in schools these days:yes2557:

So should backing down a pit:biggrin_2551: or a bagger:biggrin_25519:

7. rocknsand

rocknsand Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Tonganoxie, KS
    We have a guy like that. In the winter when work is slow, he will spend days polishing on his truck, but you open the door and it looks like the inside of a garbage truck. If you have to get inside and move it for any reason, you wana take a shower when you get out. Never could figure the contadiction there.

8. DedHedEd

DedHedEd Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2010
    TulsaTown, OK.
    Mine is on the lower left side of the steering wheel. It's really nice and comfy. :biggrin_25523: It was on there when I got the truck, tho it was one of those chinese made ones. So I swapped it out for the heavy duty alum. one with the 'Columbus, NE irrigation' systems logo on it. A nice one. It probably has 200,000 miles on it.

I like it. I like to put my left foot up on the left side of the dash, and lean on back, too, as I'm crusin' down the road. I do keep my right hand on the wheel. Sometimes. I don't care how others do it, if you laugh, wear gloves, j/o goin' down the highway, or even jabber all day on the CB. :biggrin_2559:

I can't see how it is a hindrance to ME. To YOU tho, uhh,,,wtf ever. Like I'm drivin' your truck; not.

---leave me alone or I'll call you 'Moron',,,Moron.

9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I drove in a limestone mine for a few months emptying bins using an old mack r model haul truck, all day bangin gears and dumpin on stock piles, That old mack had a suicide knob on it and I liked it, but I wouldnt want one on a road truck.

To you guys who are knocking on guys who sit low to the floor, I have a drop visor on my pete that is LOW and if I don't sit on the floor my neck hurts from bending it down to look out under that thing....

10. scubaghost

scubaghost Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2011
    That is my understanding too. Don't like them anyway.

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

I have been experimenting with sitting sidesaddle and putting my feet up on the passenger seat-- only while in cruise control though-- in case anyone was wondering from a safety stand point. When I get tired of that sometimes I will soak my feet in a little salt water agitator tub thing I bought at Wallmart , plugs right into the inverter and warms up to 110 degrees, kinda like a hot tub for your feet-- again, only in cruise control though. I found that it is better to wear shower shoe flippy flops though incase of an emergency and I need to pull my feet out of the tub to slam on the brakes going down the steep mountain hills on black ice to take it out of the big hole.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
    DedHedEd, Injun and mtnMoma Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.