Violation help

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by robert8755, Nov 2, 2023.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well.....it depends. You can probably consult an attorney to see what your options are. The moving violations will have the hardest impact. The ones you listed don't seem to be that big of a deal, but I'm really not the one to determine that. All violations hold weight on your CSA score, and that can impact your insurance somewhat. I do think equipment violations and moving violations impact you the worst. If you were driving around with a busted window, that one would probably the worst of what you listed because that's an equipment violation. Spend a few dollars and see what the lawyers got to say

Concorde Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Looks like he only wants the answer that he wants, not what can be done. Whole things sound like just another HS truck that ignores any/all regs and now wants to cry about it. Maybe because daddy financed him?

4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Get an attorney. Get a good one cause you're gonna need him pretty regular running that hot shot. That's just a magnet for state troopers.

Old_n_gray, Concorde and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Busted window and missing plate was probable cause for a traffic stop and deep search due to suspicion of the vehicle being stolen and being used for illegal activity. My experienced guess is after the stop it went all down hill due to everyones bad attitude at the scene.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Get a thicker skin, we've seen a lot of excuses and a lot of crap in our times, but here is the advice that everyone will tell you - get a lawyer and get them all to plead down. It can be done but it will take some time.

I have warned many drivers to do the yes sir no sir bit with all cops, do not argue with them, and so on, some cops can't do anything to keep from being pricks. I had one this morning at 4 am soon as I pulled onto the main road, the clown lights came on. He pulled me over for a BS reason and he was a hardass, I just played the game with him to get done and back on the road for my 4-hour drive. It is just the guy has a complex no one can't get past and he is one of those few cops that make everyone they work with look really bad. The reason he pulled me over was one tail light was dimmer than the other, he gave me an equipment violation for it. No one can tell and there is no violation but I took the ticket with a smile and told him to be careful on the road and have a wonderful day, which most likely pissed him off. I've already talked to his supervisor who I've known for years and he said the guy has a real problem, a lot of complaints.

7. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Get drivers legal plan. They will keep the points low and get most tickets reduced. That said I drove off and on over 40 years without a ticket, point or accident. The way I kept DOT off me was everything clean and well documented. Cab of the truck was immaculate and did not smell of 1 year butt crack. Next to the door was the extinguisher, Windex, Towels and logbooks. In the bunk was a duplicate record normally a digital photo of weekly activity. My paper logs were photoed, load slips/ manifests, permits and insurance all photoed. Under the hood was cleaner than most truck stop kitchens. You cannot say you did a pretrip when the dipstick was covered in oil residue and the radiato tank was so fithly an LED light would not shine thru. In my semis, I cleaned my windows every time I stopped. OCD? Maybe, but the troopers liked it. I also made a point of volunteering for inspections when I knew I was extra clean, probably twice a year. I carry extra lights, bulbs and fuses. If it was out I could fix it quick.

8. talltrucker61

talltrucker61 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2024
    Robstown Texas
    you should realize ... YOU'RE IN A TRUCKERS FORUM. ask four truckers a question and you'll get 6 different answers

Hatt91 Thanks this.
  9. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    Yes, that and a "SHUT UP, STUPID" on the CB from some guy with an echo box......

10. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Exactly right.

@robert8755...Be sure to post again when everything gets settled. You've actually had some good advice here. Try using some of it.
    HS trucks are famous for skirting the rules and regulations that the rest of the industry has to follow. When one gets busted for as many things as you listed it's a safe bet that he's been running that way for a long time.

Old_n_gray Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.