volvo 2019 vnr300 day Cab whit a 6x2 loading system

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dlpaez, Apr 7, 2024.

1. dlpaez

dlpaez Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2024
    can any body tell me is this truck can haul 55000 pounds contariner ??? i really don’t know the wait for the rear axels????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Means tag axle, one just a ride along.
    Just have gone careful on uneven ground/no power divider.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    no

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Why can’t it? Handy Truck Line in Idaho pulls double pneumatics grossing 105,500 with single drive Volvo’s with adaptive loading. 8 axles on the ground when they’re loaded, 5 axles on the ground when they’re going back empty. A 55k container would probably be on a triaxle chassis so he’d have 6 axles on the ground loaded.

6. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Couldn’t find a pic of a set of doubles but here’s one with a quad tank. Probably runs 96k or so gross with a single drive.
    IMG_1273.jpeg

7. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Why?

Because it is a general question, there are no specs to that truck.

If there were, then there could be a "yes" from me.

With the thousands of day cabs floating around, some day cabs are not made for more than city work, even with three axles on the ground for the tractor.

I had a volvo day cab with lower rated axles and it was something that could not haul more than 48k. It wasn't cost effective to keep in the fleet so I sold it to a guy who uses it for delivery of hospital equipement with a 40 foot trailer.

8. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    So instead of saying that or just not saying anything at all because you didn’t know the specifics you said “no” with zero explanation. And of course when I point out that there’s a company that’s doing it with a 6x2 you’ve been in a situation with lighter axles. What were the axles on the daycab you had? Because I’d almost bet the OP could still haul a 55k container with a tri-axle chassis if it has a 10 or 11ft spread.

9. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I answered the question directly, with the time I had. I didn't get back to the post to add to it.

The axles were 20k axles on the truck, it was limited to 50k GCW, it was a nice truck but it was order that way as part of a large city delivery fleet and it was one of 80 or so that was returned from the lease and sold off.

I'm not going to take your bet because I think you are right but the point I am trying to make is that just because it is a truck doesn't mean it can haul 55k.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.