Walmart claims they “over paid” me

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by RogerThat72, Aug 10, 2018.

1. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    yeah, the smartest thing to do for ME is to pay for their mistake. I mean, that’s a given. Walmart collections agency on behalf of their screw up on their pay roll.....defiantly will go to the lengths of extent to put it or punish my credit report.

Never been over paid, defiantly been under paid and reimbursed for it. Not at walmart tho, I thought the hands of corporate were “perfect”

In my pay I looked back on they take home is like 14-1800.....bi weekly....lol nothing out of the ordinary. I think they messed up on my PTO. Not a pay out for me leaving. But a pay out for me calling in sick....I was instructed to “Key” it in. Oh well.

Thanks walmart!

With that said if your working today be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Well trying to ding you on your credit would be a real "D-Bag" move on their part.
    PersonalIy i would want a more detailed description of when, how, what trip# etc on the exact cause of overpayment . I know personally when I caught myself being underpaid cuz of pnet going down and having to punch hot keys, I had to take in copies of my trip sheets and compare to green bar and show them specifically where I was shorted.

It's not like you were purposely running a stick up operation, I would definitely say the onus is on them.

drvrtech77 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I’d tell them consider it fair compensation for all the unpaid REQUIRED work they have us do...
    Slipseating
    Washing truck
    Fueling
    Double drop/hooks
    Etc

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  5. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    We have to key in the PTO(sick). If you called in it should be legit. Seriously I would ask for an explanation before going any further.

It must be rough up in Marcy. Those would be low numbers down here. Of course that may be why they are always hiring up there.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if they do "ding you" on your credit report, just like a DAC, you can refute that.

i am not even sure that they can ding you on a credit report, it's not like you used a walmart credit card, or took out a loan from them.

let it ride out.....

i cannot even see them trying to get you on "receiving money under false pretenses" either.

just "jot down" what you said here about being out sick, or whatever, and what key YOU WERE TOLD, to press.....

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I recall reading here many years ago about the likes of Swift and J.B. Hunt pulling this very same stunt and calling it “withdrawal of funds for accidental overpayment”

I will never agree to direct deposit.

06driver Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, direct deposits are for me a great thing, as i cannot always make it to the bank in time, to make any deposit be available ASAP..with going to the bank, MY bank told me ALL checks deposited in person, take 2 days to clear, and that is IF i can deposit them on say a wednesday....any friday or weekend deposits, go in for "mondays" deposits, making those checks available by wednesday mornings...

but direct deposits (at my bank) the funds are available that day, as all direct deposits are done at midnight, i was told....

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  9. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    It may differ from bank to bank but my funds are accessible the wednesday after a pay period at midnight

06driver Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the ONLY checks that cash right away, are checks issued by MY bank..even the bank across the street, takes 2 days to clear.....

i find this to be annoying, especially when BOTH banks are in my state, not an out of town bank.

i get direct deposits, cuz when i do, there are no bank fee's for the month, no matter the balances.

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  11. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Go to Wal-Mart spend the 800 simple they get the money back and you get stuff made in a country that ends in ese.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.