Walmart I found to be the BEST

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by arni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Most of the guys that trash Walmart on here are ones that probably wouldn’t even pass the pre trip. Or they would run over a curb leaving the driveway. Some look for trucking as a lifestyle. They stay out for months and have no home life. That’s their choice.
    Myself like you would rather make my money in 5 days and then go home and enjoy it. I’ve got a sweet gig driving for a private fleet. If I didn’t have that I’d be right there with you at Wally World.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BDT6472

BDT6472 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2021
    I’m fortunate that money is not the main factor who I work for. My current company treats me well, gets me home every weekend, and I’m the only one who’s ever driven my truck. Slip seating, for me, outweighs any other advantages. I couldn’t spend a week in a truck that wasn’t cleaned to my standards, especially if the previous driver was a smoker.

alds and Bumper Thank this.
  4. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I’m with ya. I don’t slip seat either. I made a fortune running team years ago for a union outfit but have no desire to ever do that again either. I have many friends that drive for Walmart, most don’t have to slip seat unless they take vacation. They make a little more than I do but do fuss from time to time over the micromanage issues. I have none of that.

alds Thanks this.
  5. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    You've drunk the koolaid

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    That's incredibilty incredible!

"Definitions of incredibility. the quality of being incredible. synonyms: incredibleness. Antonyms: believability, credibility, credibleness. the quality of being believable or trustworthy."

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    “I wear your Grandad’s clothes. I look INCREDIBLE!!!!”

What do I win?

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    (in my best Jonny Olsen voice....) A week vacation in.......Wonderful Ashland Kentucky! You and a friend will spend 7 fun filled days in beautiful Ashland Kentucky! In the heart of the Appalacians. Courtesy of the Red Cross blood bank, and McDonalds!

Also, Frank, a word to the wise..... wearing GranDAD's clothes, are good. GrandMAS clothes? Not so much....

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    What kind of undead do you take me for?

10. arni

arni Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Yea! now I have MORE money to buy more koolaid and PAID time off to drink it. Oh did you when your drinking koolaid at night, you know when you shut down and log on sleeper, Walmart pays you $42.00 layover to sleep, not bad koolaid.

11. WalmartWife

WalmartWife Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2021
    Walmart is regional with many slip seating options and a few options to have your own truck. It really depends on how you want to run.
    There is a 5/2 with your own truck
    6/2 where 4 drivers share 3 trucks
    6/3 with slip seating
    5/2-5/3 drivers share the same 4 trucks
    5/5 which is mostly for old timers.
    There is a lot of pride in the drivers so the trucks are well taken care of. There are refrigerators in all of the trucks. And at Walmart you don't have to chase the money, you work and then they give the money to you. Great Benefits. Limited wait time. And they pay your for every thing.

braceface, arni and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.