Walmart wants to send a safety background and employment verification letter????

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by truckdriver00, Aug 16, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok, I'll say this. Thank you for the praises. But I paid a big price for that economically. It's over and ancient history.

Again I must stick to my guns and repeat that every form I have signed regarding hire on among all the other forms I have had to sign every time a trucking company hired me included one paragraph that explictly states "At will" employment" in a number of states around the USA.

I understand your position regarding the Labor and higher. I have no contest or argument or problems with it. But if I must add one more thought, I offer you this question.

"If there was no true "At-will" employment in trucking, should a three month driver seek a abrogation with the State Labor Board prior to being fired for knocking over a newspaper box turning too tight downtown?"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    This wiki article may help you to understand a little better: At-will employment.

At-will employment is not only legal, it is nearly universal for non-professional employees. Labor unions are the main exception as they work under a contract.

4. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    I think someone said this before but all Wal-Mart drivers go through this process before being hired. The only thing that worried me was that i was finishing up my lease on a truck and wanted to be employed before i turned in the truck. I applied the beginning of March 2017, and was scheduled for orientation 3 weeks later for May. So it worked out. If you meet the requirements you signed to meeting, you're fine.

5. Hammerdowntrucker

Hammerdowntrucker Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Our GTM put out his biweekly news letter saying they are speeding up the hiring process from 75 days down to 28 days.

joshuapowell61 and 06driver Thank this.
  6. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    cool

7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Keyword "trying to cut it down"

Still at the mercy somewhat of past employers returning letters and such.

8. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Who cares? Walmart has offered you the position. You have the job as long as nothing comes back from your current employer that would disqualify you. Didn't lie or hide anything they could expose and you're good to go, my friend.

9. Exit310

Exit310 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.