Well POS fuel line blockers not limited to company drivers

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by majestyk, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Yep you got me pegged buddy!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Thank you! It as actually was not a hard picture to paint Im sure the others agree but they dont have the stones to call your punk xxx out.

4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You're still wrong. But whatever you think bub. :)

5. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    I agree with everything you've said except the last part. "mind your own business". It becomes your business when they are parked in front of you at a fuel island and you're burning the clock down to you're last minutes. Otherwise good post.

6. Desert_Skies

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Heres what I see way to often and Im not sure if its ignorance or just a bunch of dumb xxx rookies. I pull in to grab a bag of ice some beer and use the facilities. I always pull ahead of the pumps if Im not fueling and only making a quick stop. Why is it when I come out all the fuel lanes are empty and theres some super trucker fueling behind my truck? It happens alot but asking an idiot for the reasoning behind the things he does is just not worth the effort. So I mind my own business. Oh and Im kidding about the beer,kinda!

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Welcome to the future. I told you that this 30 minute break was going to create havoc. Just wait til every stinking truck out there has elogs and they tighten the parameters up so that you cannot even move the truck when it goes to negative time. Imagine going through the middle of a busy intersection right in front of the truck stop you are trying to get into and you clock runs out and BAMM truck shuts down right there.

russellkanning Thanks this.
  8. Desert_Skies

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Thats funny but your being a little dramatic there driver. One of the many advantages of having an EOBR is that it starts to warn you when its getting close to that 8 hour mark as well as your 11,14 and 70. You have a certain amount of off duty drive time(personal conveyance) you can use,this varies by company. The off duty drive time can be used in many ways but you need to figure that out on your own.

Bottom line the truck wont shut down and with a little planning you will see why alot of the negative hype about EOBR's is really just the old timers being drama queens. For the record I have been on some form of EOBR since 1995 and I have made a ton of money both as a teamster and at Walmart. You just need to learn to be smarter than the machine,thats where its going to be tough for alot of these guys.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Go Tarzan!

10. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Those who have never run a paperless log are always experts.. same with those who have never driven cabovers etc, etc.. experts.

11. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I sat behind a guy at the Pilot in Winter Park (or nearby) Florida for a while before I checked what he was doing .... and he had the shades closed on his cab at 6am on the fuel island.:biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.