Werner caught hiring felons banned from driving, including a convicted kidnapper as student drivers

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Davezilla, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    And if you need a job you arent going to be able to get it with assault on your record. Its a lifetime ban from trucking.

Your only option is to get it expunged from your record. That depends on the state you are living in.

That or go drive a dump truck or something else where they dont care.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I wouldn't mind trying to be a trainer one day since I really enjoy teaching, but no way in hell I could do it.
    This team driving crap is ridiculous. What training value is it when the student is driving with the trainer in his bunk? I gave feedback on that and of course their response was that during phase 1 the trainer must be in the passenger seat. Yeah so ten hours of observation and then he's ready to team drive? Might as well toss him the keys to his new truck and say here you go buddy. More feedback I gave was having the trainer put the truck into a bind and teach the student how to work out of it, of course they had something to say on that such as how it's impossible to simulate real world situations.... which is true to an extent, however it's fairly easy to teach the necessary skills to overcome obstacles.
    Also, trainers should be paid on a salary. That way they can focus on their job of training. 35 bucks a day on top of miles is not salary, despite what they say

Davezilla Thanks this.
  4. Ufc Fighter

Ufc Fighter Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    No it's not.

Wrong again.

I'm curious where you get this information that you're passing as fact?

Please provide detailed citations such as DOT legal statutes which support your claim that an assault charge is a lifetime ban from trucking.

5. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    Not a legal statute...but just reality. Some places may hire, others may not. Would you hire a person with a extensive criminal background? I sure in the hell wouldn't...

6. Ufc Fighter

Aug 17, 2015
    No it's not reality. :biggrin_2559:

You fellers seem to take liberty when it comes to facts.

OP stated that I would not be able to get a job due to a 20 year old conviction for assault because it's an automatic "lifetime ban from the trucking industry".

With all due respect he is spouting complete and utter nonsense.

Crimes that will ban someone from trucking are traffic related offenses such as vehicular homicide or DWI or terrorism charges. :evil3:

As for whether I would hire a person with a felony conviction. The answer is absolutely yes. If the person is intelligent reliable and trustworthy. Why would I care if he kicked some guy's ### twenty years ago? With all due respect I think Americans need to get a backbone. This is trucking. Not a day care center.

:MEGA1:

Humblepie and Matt43324 Thank this.
  7. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Since you just claimed to know them already, why are you asking me?

If you need to ask someone for proof you aren't in a position to be telling them they are wrong.

Grow the hell up. Maybe if you had learned that earlier you wouldnt be in this position.

8. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    I also said extensive background...lik lu said everyone deserves a second chance however if you got 5 connections in the past few years, hell no I'm not hiring you. But if I remember correctly they can only ask back 7 years now for employability, which if you gone 7 years with out getting in trouble then either A- you grew up or B-your #### good at not getting caught

9. Ufc Fighter

Aug 17, 2015
    Socratic questioning is a form of disciplined questioning used to explore complex ideas, get to the truth, discuss assumptions, analyze ideas and distinguish what we know from what we THINK we know, but don't.

That doesn't make any sense.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: All you had to do was provide proof showing you are not wrong. :headbang:

Instead you chose to
    1) not provide proof
    2) criticize me for asking for proof.

Speaks volumes.:happy6::happy6::happy6:

What do you mean "grow the hell up"?
    If there's anything I wrote that was childish or immature please quote it so everyone can see.

I think you're just upset because I'm challenging the veracity of your claims and you can't respond so you grew frustrated and resorted to ad hominems.

AD HOMINEM (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

I admit I have an ulterior motive: To show that it's possible for some felons to be better informed, more competent, more professional less creepy and more deserving of a job than their critics.

Having a felony means nothing anymore. It could indicate a bad person or it could indicate a bad court system. OJ Simpson is not a felon. Would you want him around your family? The only way to know if a man is good or bad is by actually knowing them, not by an electronic background check.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Reason for edit: To make more polite
    Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.