Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. wegolfny

wegolfny Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    There ARE trucking companies out there that treat the drivers with respect and courtesy. Werner is not one of them. Escape as fast as you can.
    Our team went to CRST and they treated us fairly and did not let us down. Unfortunately we needed to leave them for personal reasons but they
    were fair to us.........give them a try. Werner is not a good company in any way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wegolfny

wegolfny Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    CRST!!!!! Without a doubt. One of the best driver companies out there. They treated us fairly and mostly kept the wheels turning.

They have good equipment and they keep it maintained.

4. wegolfny

wegolfny Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I have pictures of the piece of crap they gave us in Atlanta. Both fenders were cracked and split right across.
    both air cleaners where caved in and when I said they needed to, at least fix it for the sake of the way the truck
    runs, they hammered one of them out and dropped a new filter in and penalized us by not giving us any loads for
    two days. That is only a couple things that were wrong with the truck and they told us the same thing. Take it of go home.
    Worst company to work for ever.

5. wegolfny

wegolfny Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I have to agree about the shower. I would rather go for a number of days without a shower and get some
    miles under my belt but going without meals????????????? Did you not stop for fuel? I don't know of a truck
    stop that doesn't have something right at the pay station to eat. EAT!!!!! you can go for a few extra days without
    a shower to get the extra miles in I'm sure.

6. Clutch62810

Clutch62810 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Beautiful Buffalo N.Y.
    Werner AKA WEENer, Is a BABY Company:smt022 if you as a driver stand your ground They throw a fit just like a baby. I've came accross former drivers that Werner placed on Thier DAC repoert NONDOT.Recordable accidents that never happened:evil3: checked mine and suprise suprise I found such a report on my DAC too. in My case I took what I had proof of to Dept of labor when Werner refused to pay me for the loads I hauled. Next thing I know is My Disbatcher was changed:twisted: thier last disbatch was to send me to the south west ( I live in NY) was told when I get there I'll be getting a new truck After Thanksgiving break. Clean truck and be ready to move. when I got there Busted my ^$$ to get ready to see family that weekend (They Didn't know I had Family in Phoenix) Didn't have AC in truck and wanted to be done before Sister got out of work. Vacumed floor Boxed Items Placed new Matris cover on Removed Electronics and boxed them. when done stopped for being tired and Hot must have stumbled walking back from dumpster somebod call for medical help. sat in truck felt as I was freezing. Next day (In hospital for heat and dehydration) Got a Call from Pheonix Terminal manager and told I was terminated No Reason given. Stranded in Phoenix if it wasn't for family helping with attorney Werner probly would have left me there. My last two weeks where never Paid They claimed I owed them money. In comes Dept of labor Again to get unpaid for loads. Catch they claimed I owed them more than I made so they kept the money. Good thing they tried to screw me it was my proof to get unemplyment.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Name a few of those respect and courtesy companies plz.

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Im still in shock that CRST was mentioned as a good company....

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Anybody who says crest is a good company has to be as green as a freshly made dollar bill i..Anybody that pays low is bad.

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Ohh C'mon. They make so much money they don't even bother to wash the truck.

11. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Just put my 2 weeks in with Werner last week and I couldn't be more glad. Werner was not an ideal company for me, but they did get me the one thing I wanted, experience. Making 29 cents a mile (17 for deadhead) and getting less than 2000 miles a week is pretty piss poor in my eyes. Almost every single load I had was a flipping live load or unload, which wastes soooo much time. All my drop & hooks were usually split loads that I'd, for example, pick up in Connecticut and would be headed to Wisconsin, but I'd have to spilt the load near Allentown, PA ugh come on now... I'm a big boy, just let me do the whole load! Coulda had some good miles there... Which reminds me, the first load they ever gave me was a real gem.. delivered to a Sam's club in Medford NY, smack dab in the middle of long island. I get there and the receiver says "the load wasn't scheduled", and it couldn't get delivered for another 3 days. Ay caramba. Great impression, right? Management wasn't too bad, my first fleet manager was a nice guy. He even let me go home for like 3 and a half days once, and I only stay out for 2 weeks haha. Soon he was replaced by a new manager, who was also nice but he wanted to take a day away from my home times. Normally id go home every other Friday, take Sat & Sun off then return Mon. The new guy wanted me out til Sat instead of Friday, then return to work monday... That's a deal breaker. That was the straw that broke my back. So I did some applying and now I'm starting with a new company from New Ulm, Minnesota at the end of the month. They pay much better and supposedly treat their drivers with a lot of respect. Honestly, for those who need a place to start in trucking, Werner is not too bad. Maybe you'll have a better experience than I did. Just make the best of it like I did, keep your head up, stay positive, and pay your dues. It'll be worth it in the long run. No pun intended.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.