Werner family dollar dedicated!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Garlicbread56, Mar 27, 2013.

1. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    oh I BELIEVE you EZ believe me I believe you im doing this temporarily until I go to the tankers division with a different company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Maybe what you pay... I only usually pay $50 a trailer... and the worst was at US Foods... $100 including a late fee because the last guy made it late. It was a shag too. Oh well, I did it... got the money back the next week, and went on making money.

People need to relax. If drivers act like a bad customer who just found a hair in their soup... nobody is going to want to work with that driver.

Its a temporary job until he can do what he wants. Nobody said he was gonna do this for life. He needs experience, they need drivers, and he can make decent pay... unlike most new drivers. He can also get home more often. If hes got to unload trailers to get a decent check and get home, thats what hes got to do. After he's got that year under his belt, he can do anything he wants.

Who do you think an LTL is gonna hire at $20 an hour, the guy who spent a year in the 48 state division, or the guy who busted his rear unloading trailers and driving into small parking lots? I know who I would hire... the DG driver. No question.

This isnt about what a lumper is doing to rip off trucking companies... its about whats best for this driver. And if he keeps it up, hes going to set himself apart from the lazy whiny drivers who didnt put in the effort.

oneshyne Thanks this.
  4. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    agree dave 1000% you said it best. I left Werner though about last Monday & moved with Prime I had only 70 hours in Werner but I couldn't take it my 2nd trainer was cool & all even though he only had a year of experience but they didn't get me in a motel over the weekend during his hometime I gave the SDM & night crew so many efforts since that Saturday morning at 1a.m to correct it & put me in a motel but they didn't. my trainers friends/homies is cool but I didn't want to sleep on the streets of Chicago at night cause I didn't know all his homies & that was coming in & out of the truck while I was sleeping.I only know the ones he introduced me to. & he didn't have the membership card for truck stops & I had only $20 left so I couldn't pay for the shower cause I wanted to make sure I have money to eat.so I call the SDM Monday morning after my prime recruiter book me a ticket out of Chicago & told them I quit

5. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Jeez... I train for Werner, and sometimes I wonder what is wrong with some of these guys. No shower card? What the hell? And I always put my students up in a hotel...in fact, we have CLC hotel cards. What, did some of his homies steal his wallet? How does he not have all of these things?

If you get the chance, PM me his name and I forward it to our student safety lady. She is relentless...

And Prime seems like a good company. I have a DC right in their hometown, and they have a nice clean terminal with really good trucks. They just only do specialized stuff like reefer, flatbed, and tanker. No dry van. And they have super long training...but the pay is really good for a student. Just stay away from the lease...$900 a week is a little excessive for a lease payment.

6. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    I agree dave thanks for the thoughts but the I think its supervisor from drivers relations for SDM call me I forgot his name he call me on the second I left Chicago & was on the greyhound bus.

he said are you still in Chicago I told him no in going to work for another carrier that cares about drivers personal hygiene. he said to me what more could we have done we gave your trainer over $300 in EFS checks. I told them I was only aware he had $120 in EFS they said no he had over $300 & read all his Qualcomm messages to me. I told them when I call the SDM & night crew they had the chance to put me in a hotel but instead they give him $300 in EFS & even I still call back & told SDM im not in a hotel they still didn't help me.

I didn't want to put my trainer on blast but he gave me the keys to the truck & let me take it to the truck stop that last night I was there. I was his first student he only had a year of experience from what he told me. but yea he didn't get the membership for shower rewards. I didn't had none of this problem at all with my first trainer & he had the CLC card. I enjoyed my time with Werner though except that last week. what messed my head up was hes on a dedicated route they end up sending him to Buffalo NY with no NY permit. then they send him out his route to Kansas without no K-Pass the toll people wasn't trying to hear we got dispatched from the company they said if he didn't pay the toll they was gonna call state troopers & I wasn't trying to have no conflicts with D.O.T for them to even find anything wrong so I paid $26.50 with my debt card & he paid me that back after we left the toll. I thought if they sending him out of his route like that chancing him getting in trouble with other states what makes me think they wouldn't do it with me on this dedicated account. that was another factor that played a huge roll to me. yea the company would reimburse for that but like he said theyll tax it too on the following check. yea im in Prime tankers division right now & enjoying the training

7. wanttotruck

wanttotruck Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2014
    DFW
    Anyone here done Anheuser Busch dedicated? Just got an offer for it today. Was told its .32 com, home bi weekly, and 2000-2500 miles a week.

Doesn't sound like I would be making much more than otr, but I don't know if there is extra pay for each stop or anything like that.

I've pulled a Budweiser load before and it was heavy, very heavy, and the recipient was unorganized and didn't even know I was supposed to be there.

Any info would be appreciated, I think I might just take the job and switch to otr (what I really wanted to do) if its not worth it

8. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Deleted: question was answered. Thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  9. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    I dont understand why Werner gives new drivers these dedicated dollar store accounts. they are inexperienced, they have to go down back country roads to small towns and most times the directions come from the manager or assistant manager who drive to and from in their cars and dont take into account low clearances and low bridges, narrow roads and no truck routes.

throw in the really tight backing spaces at most of these places and its just asking for disaster.

http://cdllife.com/2014/featured/photoset-gps-driver-fail/

do the math on paper. your current cpm * your avg weekly miles.

then compare .32 cpm * 2000-2500 miles a week.

that should tell you what you need to know for the pay. i dont know how the actual account is in terms of locations and backing space, etc.

10. tkpinsc

tkpinsc Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Why send inexperienced drivers?

Because experienced drivers know better.

11. DontaeHill

DontaeHill Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2013
    ITs a lot of work I trained on the account believe me its a lot of work all. 90% of the store doesn't have docks so you have to back up to the back door or front can be tricky and frustrating. Then roll off roll tainers off the truck then in the stores.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.