Werner or May out of Florida ?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by daveymac, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well then, they could of used that 5mil dollar fine to offset a lot of idling time :biggrin_2555:

4. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    You may have misunderstood.

5. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon

Yes .. But that suit was brought up under the old owners of Interstate, one owner was also gambling company money away and was getting divorced. The court system ordered the company to close or sell.

Interstate was bought out 2 years ago by Saltchuck, this law suit was part of the buy.

6. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    Your driving school is getting paid extra money to place you with companies who need drivers. Werner is always in the top 10 worst companies to work for in the USA. Forget them. May is OK. It's not that their a bad company, but their workload follows the real estate market. It's not good at the present time.

I am in process of moving from Florida (near Pensacola) to Texas. There jobs out the ### here!!! I am being bombarded with offers. In Florida, you don't have much to choose from.

I used to live in St. Petersburg. Boat hauling is always there as an option. But, they won't hire newbies.

You are in a crappy area for work. Even worse than it is in the panhandle.

You can get a lot of input from whomever jumps online here. So, I would suggest you spend 6 months to a year with a company that has a huge freight base: Schneider. I worked for them in the tanker division in the 1990's. It was OK.

Your number problem in this industry is where you live. I know. We are moving to where the jobs are!!!

7. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    I agree. It's a decent place to start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.