West of Mississippi

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by thelinedriver, Apr 25, 2024.

1. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Any one out here run mostly west of the Mississippi?
    My previous employer did not know how to do a w2, it was a good company but it cost me money each year, I was there for a little over 2 yrs.
    I like running west of Mississippi, seems like now days it's a little easier, I don't mind going into the eastern states I just want to get out of them, after unloading, some guys send you to a certain region amd then leave you there for a couple of weeks, I don't like that, I like coast to coast but not region to region. I looked into frey miller, and I heard they had driver facing cams, I'm nit particular fond of that,but maybe it would be ok? They seen to have good benefits, but I'm still looking, any one got some ideas ? I've got 15 yrs experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Be more specific: what kind(s) of freight did you have in mind?

How long do you want to stay out -- before going home?

Do you have any CDL endorsements? If so -- which ones?

-- L

Bean Jr. and TX2Day Thank this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Not to upstage the master, who will be a long shortly, be prepared for a bunch of opportunities, but if it was me,,,right here! Coors to the west coast, garbage( produce) back, all large cars,,,I heard they were a good outfit.
    WDTC: Western Distributing Transportation Corporation

TX2Day, Blagoje and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  5. thelinedriver

Dec 24, 2017
    Just looking for some general answers

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well you gotta answer those questions to get some quality "general answers." Most importantly, posting your location will get you the best answers. That way you'll be able to get suggestions that will actually hire you.

TX2Day, 201, Blagoje and 2 others Thank this.
  7. thelinedriver

Dec 24, 2017
    I run reefer
    I have 15 yrs
    I love volvo trucks... well, let me rephrase. My back loves the volvos
    I'll stay out as long as I need to, home time is the road for me
    I don't mind going east I just want to get out asap, I don't try to run super hard if I can maintain 500 to 550 a day I'm ok with that
    I'm not looking to burn out too quick, I am capable of doing more miles, but in the long run I'd rather be on the safe side and just not stress out about it.
    I don't have endorsements I just run reefer I have over 1 million safe driving record I never had an accident or incident, I try to avoid those at what ever cost.
    I was a safety expert in the oilfield before I was a trucker, and safety is important mindset. I was looking at companies like coldliner express, and some others, but I need lane info , and how they run before I make too many decisions, reason is I worked for Heartland for a bit and although I loved so many things about them, they could not run me coast to coast, they like to keep their drivers regional, helps with getting better home time, but I was never concerned about that. I don't have any late or rescheduled deliveries on my record... ok well maybe one or two haha, but only because of miscalculated traffic problems and maybe some miscommunication from time to time, but I do try to keep a good record.i worked for coastal carriers recently and they had the lanes I liked, but safety and regulations on HOS weren't on their radar, and when your the only driver trying to comply with rules amd mandates, it makes it a difficult environment to breath in.
    They are good people though, but I follow the data amd statistics of companies their size, amd running the way they do they are headed for hitting a big brick wall.
    I'm not lazy, But I'm not trying to kill myself out here either, I just take it one day at a time. Nice amd easy, but from time to time when duty calls I will run 600 to 650 miles in a day, but I really don't like to.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    So where are you located?

TX2Day and Numb Thank this.
  9. thelinedriver

Dec 24, 2017
    Over the road, pretty much homeless even though I made 63000 last year, it's hard to find a place when all you do is drivr

10. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    With that experience, and what you’re looking for is give Holland a shot.

They run a LOT of coast to coast, you’ll see Jersey and the NE but you’ll be right back out of there. No forced NYC either.

Homepage - Holland Enterprise

11. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I get you live on the road. A city and state is G-14 classified. Got it. Lol Maybe you can try Doug Andrus. I forget where they are located in Idaho but they run some of everywhere.

thelinedriver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.