What are my chances?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by AllForTheMoneyHoney, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Don’t take it personal. Nothing I said was directed specifically at you (the examples of why folks don’t stick around).

No, I’m not a super trucker. I just know the majority don’t make it. Maybe you’ll be one of the few that do. Hope nothing but the best for you.

If you’re still driving a truck in a year, come back and read my post again. Tell me then whether or not you agree with it or not.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    InTooDeep and slow.rider Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 36 and out

36 and out Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Why are you going anywhere near a mega company. Go to a local truck school or community college. Please learn how to drive a 18/13/10 speed and do not get a automatic only on your cdl license. Get into construction -end dump-sidedump-transfer-cement truck. Go home everyday and make more then most. OTR sucks and you will keep your old lady.....

Jarhed1964 and Frank Speak Thank this.
  4. 36 and out

36 and out Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2019
    And get your hazmat/tanker and you will be golden.

Jarhed1964, slow.rider and Frank Speak Thank this.
  5. im not real sure

im not real sure Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Athens, GA
    Go to an actual CDL/ truck driving school to get your Class A. Go ahead and get HazMat, Tanker, and Doubles too. While you are at CDL school, recruiters will likely come to the school. There are several companies that hire new grads. You only need 6 months to a year to go local.

Jarhed1964 and slow.rider Thank this.
  6. yotano211

yotano211 Bobtail Member

May 29, 2021
    Most cement companies hire new drivers, esp. in the summer time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.