What are signs a termination is coming?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Thrasher28, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    No company is going to tell you ‘you are done, bring the truck in and clean it out’.
    If they intend to fire you, they will tell you after you get the truck on their property.
    If they let you go, they let you go, it’s not the end of the world.
    At worst, you may get a few days/weeks suspension with no pay, and when you return they may assign the the oldest, trashed out, hoopdy in the fleet for a few months.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Some of the signs to look for. Red faced yelling boss man, incoherent foreign babbling, waving and pointing fingers, smashed up or broken equipment, ambulance lights fading in the distance, jail bars in front of you, running footsteps and panting breath behind you. Just a few of the signs to look for.

NavigatorWife and dunchues Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    usually, having sex with the bosses wife, or daughter, or maybe his son..???

maybe drinking all of the bosses expensive liquors? (before or after having your way with his family??)

maybe taking a dump on the bosses desk??

seriously, just talk to the boss if he calls you into his office, let him vent, take your medicine, and PROMISE not to sleep with his family ever again.

and for the love of God man, and all that's holy......DO NOT make out with his dog..!!!!!!!

5. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I would clear most of my stuff out before heading back to work.

Even if they don't fire you, use this opportunity to see what else is out there. The hardest part of leaving an OTR job is clearing out the truck and you will have done that already.

As others have mentioned you will be under a microscope if not put on probation or suspension etc. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere with an axe hanging over my neck waiting for the slightest slip up.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Might not be terminated but they will have to show they took corrective action to address your violation.

Also stop saying you have a perfect CSA score. Only carriers have a CSA score and the driver’s PSP has no points associated with it.

7. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    They can’t fire you if you quit.... when/if they say clean out the truck your done say I already have cleaned it out because I quit yesterday.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You're doing it wrong

MM71, JustCallMeDriver and buddyd157 Thank this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I go 10 or 15 minutes over on my log a couple times a year and it's no big deal , just sign a letter so my carrier can document it to show dot in event of an audit .
    All they say is don't make a habit out of it .

10. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    What do you say in the letter?

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    It's just a naughty boy letter ...just sign it .

12. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Right on. I haven't had to do it (go over HOS) but I would potentially do it, if it was 15 minutes or so..

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.