What ELD app are you using in LTL

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by basedinMN_, Jan 6, 2023.

1. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Curious what ELD apps the LTL carriers out there are using. Do you like it? Pros/cons?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Motive aka keep trucking .. works well but logs a hard brake if you’re in 45 mph zone and light changes to yellow about 10 truck lengths away ..company doesn’t complain after watching dash cam though .

4. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    People Net, no complaints.

jmz Thanks this.
  5. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    When I worked at Holland we used Omnitracs for our logs and I believe it also powered our workflow.

We had Lynx road facing cameras that would log hard brakes and even rolling through stop signs. Half of those cameras didn't work and large portions of them were simply unplugged with no recourse against the driver.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  6. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    R&L developed their own in house. Lots of growing pains when they first started it but was working well the last few years I was there

7. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Was nice on that Samsung tablet. When you needed to finish your 30 but do it rolling you just unplug the senor under the dash. Plug back in when break complete.

Banker Thanks this.
  8. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    lol

Reminds me of a buddy at Central Transport that told me he could drive while being off-duty or on-duty and ELD would stay at whatever.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  9. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Our old ones at Reddaway would let us coast at 10 mph while off duty without changing over to drive. Couldn't get very far with that but it was enough to move out of someone's way or if some manager needed you to move from their parking lot to the street.

It's aggravating as hell to move, but not as bad as having to restart your lunch break with 10 or less minutes left. Our safety department were real stifflers about our HoS.

10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Back in my Frito Lay days and 10 hours of drive time available I would occasionally “stretch” my day. Their computer logbook system wouldn’t kick it to drive until 2 miles in motion. Since I had a favorite hotel/bar/barmaid I needed to get to and since I was 20 something and single I would hit the on duty button nearly every time I came to a complete stop. I thought I was being slick until one day a manager called me in the office. He said “we see you drove 9hrs and 57 minutes this trip, but your rig was in motion 10 hrs and 37 minutes. This was long before yard move or personal conveyance was available. I said must be a computer glitch. He said well let’s not have any more computer glitches. Needless to say I found a closer hotel to stay at.

11. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.