What ever happened to Abe?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by tucker, Sep 16, 2018.

Is he working?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2020.
  1. Nope

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Yep

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Did he ever?

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Who’s Abe?

30 vote(s)
    57.7%
  5. Great Question

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

I didn't know what you were talking about with the Blue Light a few months ago, just thought it was more of 1xH's conspiracy theories lol but I found it on my laptop and it did explain like you said, the red light for night time viewing does help relieve brain stimulation and eye strain. I have it set up on my new smart phone as well. I do believe it has helped a ton. You never know who on this forum is going to put out life saving advice.... thanks!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I don't know if it was in this video or another. There were a few threads and someone them got locked, and some of them were removed from YouTube.

In one of his videos he stopped talking to pick his nose. I think that one was removed. :D Who does that, intentionally or not. All credibility is just lost.

Just someone with a bigger mouth than a brain, IMO.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I think the really imbred Amish folks have to sleep under a blue light bulb.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was wondering about that too.

If it involves me in anything, give me a little time. Eventually I'll understand long after everyone else has.

If there has been that much locking going on then I am not going to pursue this particular problem.

I approached it as a royal eff up from the Load Dispatcher or Planner and now Im beginning to look at Mr Whine more than anything. Such a young buck, should be able to put in a 20 hour day don'tcathink?

skellr Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ROTF.

OMG you are so funny. I love it.

I have not finished the exploration of Geneology in the Amish side, there are two forms of it. Old Amish and New Amish. I hope to god my tree is a branch of the new Amish.,..

Lepton1 and tucker Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'm happy now.

Most of the time when I visit something that possibly is a conspiracy, if I know what's good for me I don't write about it. Which isnt that often. I learned about blue light from a gamer in Star Trek Online (Yes I have the same handle..) and sometimes after a little investigation, if it works for me and helps... I have no problem trying to help truckers with this.

The big thing about this light started when Cars are no longer built with the old Sealed Beam Headlight technology (A bulb... and a dim one at that... he he) and migrated into LED technology which forced me to wear a particular type of Yellow Lenses to make it through the night. (And I love to run at night. People get sleepy at dinner time, Im just cranking up...)

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    He had a 10 hour break, then dispatched to move a trailer 20 miles or some such short distance and did another 10 hour break. Then he was dispatched to run 448 miles over night and deliver in the AM but some 3 or so hours into the run called and said he was falling asleep at the wheel. Dispatcher tried different ideas to stimulate the kid even tried to piss him off and humiliate him (which sometimes works-- "I'll show that dispatcher how good a driver I am!") but instead Abe chose to film it and turning into a butthurt story. I think it backfired bigtime. Even in his 20/20 TV interview the interviewer was trying his hardest not to roll his eyes.

Lepton1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Maybe you need a blue light...

Blue light helps Amish children

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I use the "twilight" app on my phone and tablet.

Lepton1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    This video sponsored by Heavy Metal. There is a better version on YouTube incorporating clips from the movie, but it is NSFW or delicate truckers... I do think it would help Amish children though. Shame they will never see it.

Lepton1, tucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.