What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Just like a lot of us seniors. You do what you need/have to do, with what you are still able to do. She has a good work ethic, honed by her life's difficulties.
    Great connection, you two. Any ideas on how it came to be; accident, luck(good or bad) ,higher power, ???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    always felt if fuel was less then 30% of gross I could live with that. Obviously lower the better ….

4. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    I too just closed an extra "free" checking account. New deal was keep $2500 min balance or $6.95 per month. The old compensating balance steal:
    Years ago, finance companies borrowed from Walter Heller in Chicago. Deal was a note for a line of credit for say $500,000 was at say 4%. BUT, in the terminology (fine print) you agreed to only use $450,000. They called it "A Compensating Balance". Tended to increase the "yield"...

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Keri was my neighbor for several years. We kind of developed a bit of a symbiotic relationship over time. She looked after me when at home. Then after her divorce, I started getting her mail and gave her a shoulder to cry on. Finally last year I suggested she save some money and move in with me. I shy away from religious topics because they can set off flame wars. I will just say this. I have lived my life being honest. Caring for people. I have no idea how much money I have given away over the years to people that seemed to need it. I just know that when I started to go downhill all of a sudden Keri was there. That is as far as I will go on that.

Keri is home now. The mail ran and she brought it up when she walked in. Her Drivers License hard copy came back. I got her American ID with that hard copy and took a photo and placed it on Facebook about 20 minutes ago. Everything is done until we can get to DC to get her passport fixed.

6. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Nuff said..

7. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Old collectors trick. Get your courts judgement enrolled on the "judgement roll" (or GA equivalent our MS name). This will stop any financial credit or property
    dealing, as clear title/no out standing debts is required for those type transactions. THEN.. If you know her bank; and if she receives income from SS or rentals
    or other sources. Get a garnishment run on her bank for your judgement amount, plus costs of these proceedings..... The SS ck is not immune, the law of
    comingled funds. This is a simple process for an atty, so the man you were using could continue reasonably, on her dime.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Social Security is generally exempt from garnishments. My sister is 100% on that now. There are some things that are NOT exempt but not a legal judgment. I really don't want her money. I just want her to understand using the courts to harass me will come with a price!

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Was doctoring up tanks, not cause it’s going to be that cold, just it’s time for a lil injector cleaning. DDA9913C-56E8-4D32-BD5B-782E38E24C35.jpeg
    But I had to hear that it’s not going to be cold enough for that here, told the dude I didn’t care, I’ve still got a case of it.

MPG is dropping a bit, and that tells me it’s time.
    I used to use auto transmission fluid back in the day, that’ll break the built up carbon loose and blow it out the stacks, not sure about that on the DEF trucks of today though.

All I used, power service to me is a joke.

10. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    NO.

"Those that can, do.

Those that can't do, teach.

Those that can't do OR teach, manage."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.