What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    the tranny fluid may be a bad idea if ur in a state that likes to dip tanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I don’t think it’ll show, that’s more like food coloring.

4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Explanation, not arguing. SS is itself; in its separate state exempt. Except for the federal government, ref IRS. But, there is an accepted logic that my money deposited in you account, SS, deposited in your account, rental deposited into you account, your paycheck deposited in your account, become co mingled funds. You are garnishing the bank; for an amount of money held by them, that is due you from that account. You can garnish the landlord; to remit the rent he gets from John Tenant, that is due to your judgement. Lots of money, and lots of ID, and lots of locations can be reached. In the 7 years I worked for Gulf Finance and 2 years with ITT Aetna many a person came to regret that (You can't touch that ) statement when his checking account bounced because Ole Ish
    had made a prior withdrawal.

5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yet another invasive species.

Native to........(thumbs through encyclopedia)......ASIA!

SUR-PRISE,SUR-PRISE,SURPRISE!

Does China have a kudzu or fire ant problem?

And if not, why not?

Never mind.....they're probably BOTH native to Asia.

So we should probably send them truckers who block the fuel islands on their 30 minute break.

6. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    There is supposed to be a code the Social security payments are deposited under that the banks are supposed to respect and leave those funds alone. I have still not decided if I am going to use Social Security next year when I turn 65. I might be forced to though on account of medicare. We will see.

8. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Can't manage, Supervise...
    That is how I came to supervise 7 small loan branches. I went full circle. Found supervision was driving to the branch early to see if the help came in on time. Then getting the rocks (usually managers post dated checks) out of the petty cash box. Then reviewing the past dues with the asst mgr/outside man, as to why he could not collect. Then loading him up at 5 when office closed and go out and find most of them, make arrangements for payment. {Incidentally, never take a partial or full payment after finding him. Make him mail, come in, send by wife (however he has been making payments), or you will have to run him down and collect all the rest.} Either I could not teach or they knew they could wait on the tough ones till I came around again and help them.
    So I traded my supervision position for the job as manager of a junky competing loan office they had just bought with the deal I would clean it up, make it profitable, the resume supervision. Do 9 to 5, car allowance, I find and hire my own assistant, and keep my then salary. Was a good deal for both. Got it pretty well done and got hired away by ITT Aetna before had to go back in supervision. All around failure, that me.

9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Kari is developing a relationship with a Lt Colonel in the US Army currently stationed at Ft Eustis! He has been here now for almost an hour and they are visiting some of the neighbors right now. He is a "ring knocker" but seems like a really nice guy! Their going to spend tomorrow down in North Carolina tomorrow. I think I said before he was a Major. I was mistaken. Maybe one day I will tell the story of how they met!

10. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    From wiki:

Kudzu (/ˈkuːd.zuː ˈkʊd- ˈkʌd-/; also called Japanese arrowroot or Chinese arrowroot)[1][2] is a group of climbing, coiling, and trailing perennial vines native to much of East Asia, Southeast Asia, and some Pacific islands,[2] but invasive in many parts of the world, primarily North America.

The red imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta), also known as the fire ant or RIFA, is a species of ant native to South America.

The fire ants have started to invade China recently through shipped merchandise. May be an offsetting penalty for the murder hornets we recently received up here.

11. JolliRoger

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Should you come thru Marshall County (Holly Springs, MS) pause roadside and snatch a twig of Kudzu. Mail it to Ho Chi, General Delivery, Hong Kong, and hope when it is not picked up that they toss it. Reasonably, within 90 days the Island will be blanketed in the stuff. Government said plant the red clay banks in Kudzu and control erosion... Years later, Kudzu thriving, red clay still eroding...Better leaf system than root system.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.