Page 173 of 6798
Severe weather for Truckee, CA
Winter Storm Warning
1:27 PM MST, 2/24,expires 5:00 AM MST, 2/28
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 10 am Monday to 4 am PST Thursday...
* changes... upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning. Increased expected snow amounts.
* What... heavy snow expected. 3-day storm total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 feet, except 4 to 8 feet above 7000 feet expected. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph with gusts over 140 mph for the Sierra ridges. Periods of white-out conditions are likely.
* Where... greater Lake Tahoe area.
* When... from 10 am Monday to 4 am PST Thursday.
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Very strong winds could cause extensive tree damage and periods of white-out conditions.
Avoid travel if possible, you could be stuck in your vehicle for many hours. If you must travel, prepare for long delays and carry an emergency kit with extra food, water and clothing. If you stay home, have a backup plan in case of power outages.
The latest Road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
South East Idaho:
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST
* WHAT...Periods of moderate to heavy snow and blowing snow are
expected. Three day total snow accumulations of 20 to 36
inches are likely, with locally higher amounts in excess of 40
inches possible in the mountains above pass level.
* WHERE...The Upper Snake Highlands, Big Hole Mountains, Teton
Valley, Caribou Highlands, and Bear River Range, including but
not limited to Ashton, Island Park, Henry's Lake, Raynolds
Pass, Targhee Pass, Driggs, Victor, Pine Creek Pass, Swan
Valley, Emigration Summit, Fish Creek Summit, Soda Springs,
Grace, and Bancroft.
* WHEN...Through 5 PM MST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions are expected due to snow
covered and slippery roads and reduced visibility. Southwest
winds of 15 to 25 MPH gusting as high as 40 MPH will cause areas
of blowing and drifting snow and localized whiteouts. Travel may
become nearly impossible over mountain passes, and across the
Island Park region. In addition, heavy snow loading by Monday
and Tuesday may place stress on roofs and result in isolated
The guessers are saying the snow should start about 04:00 here in Portland Monday. Should make for an interesting morning Commute to the delivery.
Google shows the location as an empty field. May go over too early to avoid the stupid hippies and scout it out. Know a hiding place I can use to wait if they: do not exist, have gates up, or closed gates.
Things are not the same anymore. You can have all the years under your belt etc. But when a rookie or indentured servant with zero snow driving experience (or common sense) hits you.....you can sit at home waiting for your truck to get fixed or a hospital reminding yourself how experienced you are lol. Had a good friend taken out by an inexperienced welfare to work immigrant driver with 6 months experience. Truck totaled and broke his back in 2 places. Nuff said.
Page 173 of 6798