What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    We haven't had pizza in like 3 months. So I caved at The J in Albuquerque and now........

THE OM IS EATING ALL THE HAM AND BACON FROM THE PIZZA

20210630_083207.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Chasin the $ out west
    As one of the "Old Hippies" Descendant from Oakies (well Kansas dust bowl emigrants) Most of us have been run out over the past couple of decades.

Then again every time the regional dominant economy transitions the population changes. Most of the kids I went to school with were drug out there when their parents got jobs in the aerospace industry. Those families left about the time computers came in and Aerospace moved to San Diego or the Confederate states. Then the economy transitioned to Software and the population flowed again. And again with the Dot commie revolution. Second generation bails out and a influx of socialites from outside replaces them.

The problem I see is the Socialite Corporatist that have no respect for the blue collar folks. The wives of the corporate directors are some of the most out of touch people on the planet. And their politics and Philanthropy do more harm than good.

My opinion is the state needs to be split up so that the LA basin and SF bay area do not continue the death spiral. The La Basin, SF Bay area, and the Northern areas of the state all have very different regional governance needs, but my main point is the other state and federal institutions need to realize these are regional needs and stop adopting them when not appropriate.

4. Blu_Ogre

Jul 14, 2013
    Chasin the $ out west
    Leaving the "crust" for the servant I suppose?

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I had one at the water treatment plant in Tulsa. Acid load. Was over 105 out and had to wear the suit. Was a spot of shade right next to the building where the emergency shower is. I asked the guy there if there was an alarm on the shower. Said no, that they had to disconnect it because the drivers kept using it to cool off. So I used it too and stayed nice and cool. Other places not so lucky.

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    I heard aliens are cloning to look like exact replicas of people..
    Even down to the socks..

7. stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Person who instituted that regulation should be the person doing the unloading!!. Never thought about there being an alarm hooked up to emergency shower. I guess that is probably a reasonable idea.

8. Blu_Ogre

Jul 14, 2013
    Chasin the $ out west
    Reminds me of this one.......

9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There are some things so nasty that if the emergency shower needs to be used, they are probably going to have to call the EMTs to the scene. So thus the alarms. On the other hand, I've been to places that just ran a water hose out to where the unloading was done and left the water running.

10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
  11. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted