What is swifts policy on "no turn on red"?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Trucks66, Jul 13, 2020.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    I mean, I flipped one to avoid going in the front gate of Fort Carson at some point... middle of a public road and all that jazz. I never caught any flak for it, so... ymmv, I guess?

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    If a right turn is not allowed signage is usually posted at the intersection,,,or so has been my experience.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Most the times its just best not to turn anyways. Unless ur one of those guys that likes to turn in front of traffic and create a rolling roadblock

Trucker61016 and alds Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It is only illegal if you get caught or tear up some ish. A trucker really should not make a right turn on red unless the road is absolutely clear. It isnt like a 4 wheeler where you'll pick up speed quick. Be patient and wait for a light to turn green or for the roads to clear

Trucker61016, alds and Wicked Wizard Thank this.
  6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I'm not supposed to do it but I have done it in the past. With this new automatic shifter, forget it. I'll wait for the green.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  7. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Basically, as I understand it. You are simply not supposed to make a U-turn on a public road. However, that doesn't mean it is completely taboo and you are fired for it. In example, I made a wrong turn and was heading down a smaller country road, fortunately with almost no traffic. Qualcomm would not give me a route forward, so I suspected something ahead was a no go for a truck. I came to a small intersection with a road that was even smaller. Since the Qualcomm didn't route me down that road in either direction, didn't think it wise to go from a small road, to an even smaller road. But the intersection was big enough to flip a u-turn. So, that is what I did. In some situations, it is simply the best and only option reasonably available. But, if you can make a block or find some other route to avoid making a u-turn, that would be the preferred option. Also, better be darn careful about other traffic and potential obstacles. That rule is in place due to past drivers having traffic accidents and other damage because driver didn't execute it safely and properly. That's why it is there.
    Also, be advised, the new camera systems most, if not all, now have are supposed to be much more sensitive to making a u-turn than the older system.

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    That’s it!!!
    I can’t take it anymore!!
    I’m going home.

6227F7C3-B0EF-4B62-A7EF-DDBADB5BB3F6.gif

Cattleman84, Trucker61016 and magoo68 Thank this.
  9. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Wow all that effort he should have just started going in reverse.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.