What To Post In This Trucker Stories Forum

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by WiseOne, Nov 10, 2006.

1. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    This section is especially for stories from the road that don't fit anywhere else. Tell us how you barely missed that tornado, or sat for 3 days in a blizzard in South Dakota (me). I am actually really interested in seeing what you guys and gals come up with in here! LOL, have fun! Please try and be truthful!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    This should be one of the most read forum,should be interesting,glad you all came up with it,thks.I will put storys in when I have more time,things are hectic right now,thks turbo, and all of you.

4. St. Velkro

St. Velkro Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Texas
    My Dad took me with him to drive a really old, big dump truck from Durango, CO to Albuquerque, NM. I didn’t know a thing about trucks and thought the whole thing was going to be a real adventure. Boy was I right, but the adventure didn’t have as much to do with the truck driving as it did with the blizzard we ran into -- well, driving in a blizzard, that is – and, the blizzard actually ran into us I guess.

I don’t know what highway we were on, but it ran through some really big mountains, with bodacious grades (I didn’t know what that meant at the time) and bad curves. In those days, on this highway if it got away from you, you were in a heap of trouble; there were no emergency truck ramps.

Although Durango is in the mountains there was no snow when we left, but when we got to this more mountainous area that I’m talking about it began to snow. It got worse fast. As Dad drove, the storm came on stronger and stronger. The snow got bigger and bigger, and the space between 'em seemed to vanish. The flacks were so big they splattered on the windshield. The wind was blowing hard, and harder. The road started getting covered with snow, and it was getting very hard to see. The snow began to stack up on the windshield faster than the wipers could handle it, and finally Dad had to stop every few minutes and wipe the snow off, and clean the blades.

To make matters a lot worse, the heater didn’t work at all! We’re talking cold! And we’re talking almost white out! Finally, I couldn’t see anything, and I don’t have any idea how my Dad could see to drive. But we kept going.

Now, even in those days I liked an adventure, but if my Dad hadn’t been such a cool guy, I’d have been scared. I mean this was looking dangerous to me. But, Dad didn’t seem worried at all, and he kept reassuring me that everything was OK.

Now, you have to realize that I was just a kid, so what I remember is limited to some degree, and my details may be skewed, and a little fuzzy. I think it must have been a heck of a lot worse than what I’m telling you. I’ll let any of you who have driven a truck in a blizzard imagine how bad it really was, and you can fill in the details that are wanted.

We made it to Albuquerque, and I don’t remember much else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.